What is the maximum size Micro SD Card that the Ellipsis 8 allows?
West1935

I am not finding any documentation on the maximum size micro sd card on verizons website.  Looking for some help on this before purchasing a card.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What is the maximum size Micro SD Card that the Ellipsis 8 allows?
DoghouseBrew
Enthusiast - Level 1

According to the "Introducing the Elipsis 8" post it will support up to a 32G Micro SD card.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
DoghouseBrew
Enthusiast - Level 1

According to the "Introducing the Elipsis 8" post it will support up to a 32G Micro SD card.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most devices handle a 32 GB SD card. Some lately could handle a 64 GB. Based on the rest of the specifications for the tablet, I would lean towards the 32 GB max size.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

64GB if it follows the sdhc standard. If it follows the sdxc standard then 128GB card. Those matter more than size ever will.

0 Likes
utahdev
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a 65GB SD working with my ellipsis 8

Had to reformat a couple of times to gt it to work though.

jesskawabbit

I have a 64gb card in mine

0 Likes
Gpresser

AAre you sure about the 128 sdxc card size? Does it allow apps to be run from it?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Yes if the tablet supports the EXFAT standard the the hardware supports up to 2TB cards. However the software may restrict it in the memory management which is a whole different matter and currently there are no card greater than 128. All 4.0 devices support EXFAT so they should support 128.

As far as running apps off of it. I want to say no. Google removed that ability from Android a long time ago. It's up to the manufacturers to write their own if they want to offer it.

0 Likes
Gpresser

I thank you. I am having issues on my note four so I added a Samsung 128 sdxc evo card. Managed to move some programs but not all. I have two questions for you though.

1. Which program would you recommend to allow me to move all photos/music/videos and whatever else to the sad card in bulk?

2. & there is the miscellaneous files that are eating almost 9+ gb worth of space on the device. Can I A: delete them without loss of any important data such as pass code or past txt's or saved images from what's app and the like, or change the default location to the sd card in leu of the saving it on the device and causing it to slow down?

I realize that this is not strictly an ellipsis question, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Re: Re: What is the maximum size Micro SD Card that the Ellipsis 8 allows?
Tidbits
Legend

Gpresser wrote:

I thank you. I am having issues on my note four so I added a Samsung 128 sdxc evo card. Managed to move some programs but not all. I have two questions for you though.

1. Which program would you recommend to allow me to move all photos/music/videos and whatever else to the sad card in bulk?

The one that comes with the phone.  Reason being that app is the only one that gives write access to the sdcard.  Unless you root no other file manager will be able to.  You can also use a computer using cut/paste(copy/paste will leave copies in it's original locations)

2. & there is the miscellaneous files that are eating almost 9+ gb worth of space on the device. Can I A: delete them without loss of any important data such as pass code or past txt's or saved images from what's app and the like, or change the default location to the sd card in leu of the saving it on the device and causing it to slow down?

Generally this "miscellaneous" files is the system stuff which can't be removed or deleted.  I will have to double check my Note 4 to make sure.  I can't do that right now. When I get home I will let you know.

I realize that this is not strictly an ellipsis question, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

thanks in advance!

0 Likes