Can I set personalized notifications sounds in Verizon Messages for individual contacts?
geowelsh

I have been using Verizon Messages for a while now, but I cannot seem to set individual notification sounds for contacts. The same notification sound applies to all...not like the stock text messaging app that comes on the S3. Is this something that can be done?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I set personalized notifications sounds in Verizon Messages for individual contacts?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BC423,

This is a great question.  The way the application is currently programmed is to set a tone to a particular conversation thread.  It does not give us an option to set it permanently to a contact.  In this case you may need to keep the thread active to be able to accomplish saving this text tone. 

We're always looking for ways to improve our applications.  We appreciate your question and feedback. Let us know if we can assist with anything else.

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Can I set personalized notifications sounds in Verizon Messages for individual contacts?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know its important to identify your messaging contacts geowelsh. I also have this amazing phone and I would be happy to help with some steps to set  your tones for messaging. If you go to each contact, click on that contact, scroll down to "Message Alert", click default and all the music and sounds will show up. Simply choose one and click ok. You can perform those steps with each contact. Please keep us posted and let me know if the steps above work.

KinquanaH_VZw
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
geowelsh

That worked with the messaging app that came on the Galaxy 3 that I used to use for txt messages, but it doesn't apply to the Verizon Messages app that I am now using.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I see, geowelsh.

You can personalize the individual "conversations" in your Verizon Messages application http://vz.to/N2NopY.  The app doesn't allow you to edit the actual "contact" notification, but it will allow you to edit and change the "conversation's" notification.  You do this by selecting the conversation you want to change the notification for, then on the top left of the screen, select the "menu" pop-out, then Settings.  You can then change the ringtone and vibrate options.  Let me know how this works out for you.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
Happygoing63

Dear Support,

I have done all of the above and nothing seems to work.  I'm using Verizon Messaging with Galaxy S4 and LG G Pad 8.3 LTE.

I had a system default notification tone and set individual notification at the contact level.  I tried the individual "conversations" also and still no luck.  Any other suggestion.  I just switch from Chomp SMS and it worked with the personalize notification sounds.

Thanks!

John

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

10/4 Happygoing 63! Unfortunately this would not be an available option for VZW Messages at this time. Please keep us posted if we can offer any additional assistance going forward, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

eyet
Enthusiast - Level 1

Reply #3 in this thread almost got it right.

I was able to set a custom notification for a specific conversation by doing the following.

1. Open the conversation you want to set a special notification tone for.
  2. Swipe in from the left to open the conversation menu.
  3. Select "Tones" which is near the bottom of the menu.
  4. Select your tone.
0 Likes
BC423

Is there a way to set up the tones and different backgrounds to where it saves, its seems like i save a text tone a conversation style and a background to a contact, i delete the message and when the contact texts back it goes to the default message tone, and background and font, any suggestions? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BC423,

This is a great question.  The way the application is currently programmed is to set a tone to a particular conversation thread.  It does not give us an option to set it permanently to a contact.  In this case you may need to keep the thread active to be able to accomplish saving this text tone. 

We're always looking for ways to improve our applications.  We appreciate your question and feedback. Let us know if we can assist with anything else.

TrevorC_VZW

0 Likes
GlendaleJK

It seems very archaic that using custom contact tones is not yet an option for Verizon Messages! Because of this, I am switching back to the regular, Samsung app. Having personalized tones for each contact is a priority for me, over the other features of Verizon's app. Note: I am using the Note 4, and on mine, I can't even change the conversation tone; only the tone for all messages in the app.

0 Likes