Re: OZMAIL TEXT MESSAGE
IndyJoshMo

OZMAIL started for me when I downloaded the "contapps" app which is supposed to combine all your contacts (email/phone/twitter/facebook) into one user friendly app.  Problem was when I would get a yahoo email, I no longer got notified through my normal email notification app.  I received this OZMAIL text instead.  Of course it took me a couple weeks to make the connection between the new app and the problem.  It hit me whild speaking with a verizon cs who wasn't sure what to do.  So I uninstalled the app and it fixed the problem.  Seems like there should be a better way but I'm happy to have figured out the mystery.

0 Likes
timothytim

Continue on to the following post in another area.  The writer has a good handle on what causes it, along the same line as the previous post.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-Charge-by-Samsung/OZMAIL-Resolution/td-p/668513

0 Likes
kerrysuz

This is all so interesting. I have a 4G Smartphone and I upgraded from a Samsung Alias. I didn't use any Web services on that phone so have no idea if it ws 3G or 4G. I definitely did not have email on that phone, and I sold the phone. Is it possible the new owner could be doing something that is affecting me now? I've had my phone since June 2011 but the OZ Mail started just three weeks ago and I've received over 200 of them! I do NOT have unlimited texts, however. I have 500 per month. 

I hope a CSR can help me!!! Grrrrr.

0 Likes
aelder

Is OZ Mail only for Verizon users.  Others who are posting messages indicate that this is an email alert.  Was that your experience.  We just up graded to receive our email and now we get these annoying messages.

0 Likes
aelder

Can you please tell me what the fix is???  Very annoying to get these messages.

0 Likes
aelder

Can you help me get rid of these annoying OZ Mail alerts.   

0 Likes
daley

Thank you for all the information.  My situation is that my old phone was a trade in and I traded it in 3 mos. ago.  Do you think a tech can still go in and de-activate my e-mail account?  Before knowing the info. you gave us, I tried going through a tech and she said it was a text issue.  Thanks for letting us know it's an e-mail issue.

0 Likes
daley

Just as a side note to my previous post.  My old phone was an LG and did not have internet access.  I was not able to get e-mail on that phone.  Is there still hope for me?

0 Likes
daisyriot

Thank you to all of you who posted that when you call in to Verizon, you need to ask to be transferred to a senior Tech Support rep as soon as possible (after they ask you all the time wasting "did you reboot" type of questions 😉 ). Once you are speaking with a senior tech support rep, if they are looking around for the solution, ask them to log into their OZMAIL application, and then they will need all of your email addresses, which they will then delete the OZMAIL app from each of them. This will stop the texts. Be sure to include your gmail account (if you have one on your smartphone) and your personal and business email addresses. They seem to not be able to easily tell which one of your email addresses is generating the texts. Cheers, and GO GIANTS.

0 Likes
Magdalena23

I get those messages every time I change phones. All I ever do is reply to the OZmail text message with the word "stop" and it never happens again.

0 Likes