Message + Desktop App
Karl_Riley

I have a Motorola Z2 that has Android 9 and is running build number PCX29.159-21-3 and I am using the Desktop app for Windows 10 for message + and recently I started to get this error message, 

Karl_Riley_0-1626209546332.png

I have restarted the computer several times, I do have smart family on the account, but there are no controls implemented in smart family concerning any messaging features.  Anytime I attempt to close this message it responds like it did not register my click and the message reappears and the desktop app does not allow me to access other menus such as the three dots seen in the top right or the three bars in the top left.  What is going on here and how can I fix this.  Using the desktop message+ app is a very convenient option when I want to message someone and my phone is not nearby.  Please, someone, find me an answer.  

Karl_Riley_1-1626209908621.png

Desktop App Version illustrated below

Karl_Riley_2-1626210127433.png

0 Likes
Re: Message + Desktop App
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Karl_Riley wrote:

I have a Motorola Z2 that has Android 9 and is running build number PCX29.159-21-3 and I am using the Desktop app for Windows 10 for message + and recently I started to get this error message, 

. . .

I have restarted the computer several times, I do have smart family on the account, but there are no controls implemented in smart family concerning any messaging features.  Anytime I attempt to close this message it responds like it did not register my click and the message reappears and the desktop app does not allow me to access other menus such as the three dots seen in the top right or the three bars in the top left.  What is going on here and how can I fix this.  Using the desktop message+ app is a very convenient option when I want to message someone and my phone is not nearby.  Please, someone, find me an answer.  

There are many other threads over the past year regarding Verizon Message+ on Windows 10.  Verizon has stopped supporting Message+ desktop app on Windows 10 and removed it from the Windows Store.  They are referring users to the browser access at https://web.vma.verizon.com/ .  The older versions v1.0.17.0 and v2.0.2.0 are available for download from users via links, e.g. Dropbox, etc. however some users are saying they're having issues installing/using them lately.  Could be the Verizon messaging server(s) are now not supporting communication from Windows 10 devices but I just opened v2.0.2.0 on my Windows 10 desktop I'm using here, and it sync'ed messages with my phone, opened messages fine and deleted messages fine with no error messages.  Also, I sent a message which went out fine with no error message.  It's working for me.  I'm using:

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H1
Installed on ‎3/‎13/‎2021
OS build 19043.1083
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The companion messaging app comes in useful when you like to use a PC. I am concerned to learn that you are receiving an error message. I would love to lend a helping hand, and need some more information.

Does this also happen on your mobile phone?

What does the error message say? (it's a bit blurry for us to read).

0 Likes
Karl_Riley

I hate that it seems that you are right.  I really think that the desktop app should still be available it was so convenient.  If someone could offer us some "Official" insight as to why this is no longer being supported it would be nice.  You know say oh it's a cost issue, Intellectual property issue, security issue, or a privacy issue.  It would just be nice to have an explanation.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our goal is to assist you as much as possible, Karl_Riley. In review of your previous message, we see that you shared a screenshot showing a "usage controls block" error. This could be a restriction added by the account owner. If you are not the account owner but an account user (https://www.verizon.com/support/account-role-info/), please contact the account owner to see if any restrictions have been provisioned for your line.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
Karl_Riley

I am the account owner and no one else logs into the account even though they may be registered.  I have had smart family for years in its various forms.  The ONLY control ever used has been that for data.  We have NEVER used any other restrictions on the account.  So please find another explanation that makes sense.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Karl_Riley wrote:

I am the account owner and no one else logs into the account even though they may be registered.  I have had smart family for years in its various forms.  The ONLY control ever used has been that for data.  We have NEVER used any other restrictions on the account.  So please find another explanation that makes sense.

Well, there is now a Win10 Message+ version 3.0.0 in the Microsoft Store, if you haven't seen the couple threads today about it.  Looks like the Verizon Messaging Team is working on getting it working again, but they may have more work to do.  Looks like they may have placed it in the Store prematurely, unless they did it for testing.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Karl_Riley

I can tell you this, after posting this conversation and screenshots, the desktop app has begun to work again as it had before without any updates or interaction from me.  Maybe there was a provisioning issue in the background, but I can not say as I have not been advised.  I am just happy it is working and that it continues to work as it's a convenient app to have.

0 Likes