why do texts take a very looooong time to send overnight?
cldson

after about 1 AM verizon takes 10+ minutes to send  text messages. later in the AM (~6) it gets better. this is repeatable. i am using my wifi and a motorola  5Gsplus with the native messaging app? is there anything i can do to speed up the texts being sent. all other functions seem to be at normal.

0 Likes
Re: why do texts take a very looooong time to send overnight?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cldson, we want to ensure your messages send immediately. Standard texts do send over the cellular network and not Wi-Fi. Can you advise if you're receiving good LTE (4G) signal after 1am? Just to clarify, are you using the Motorola G5s Plus? If so, when did this sending issue start?

0 Likes
cldson

yes on moto model.

phone says -122dbm 18 asu

this started at least a month ago

what is a non-standard text? do texts never use wifi?

thank you.

0 Likes
cldson

as an example of the continuing problem, i tried to send an mms text at 11:20 pm edt tonight and it still wasn't sent at at 12:15. i restarted the phone and i t was sent sent after 2 minutes.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be happy to take a look, is the device completely up to date with the latest software? 

0 Likes
cldson

yes it is as up to date as it can be. 8.1.0 android. the security patch is from 8-1-2019.. it says there are no other updates available.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, cldson. Making sure your MMS messages send as quickly as you get them out is vital, and we are here to help. To clarify, are you still having this issue? CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cldson, I rely on text heavily, so I know how important it is for that service to work. Which messaging app do you use? Have you noticed a difference if you use another messaging app? 

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes
cldson

google messages.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate that clarification, Cldson. You mentioned this happens over Wi-Fi, does it happen over the cellular network as well?

MelissaP_VZW

0 Likes