COMMANDO WITH PTT NOW!!! HELP wont connect to server?
Hpdb301

I just downloaded the upgraded from M080 to M100 which included the vzw ptt.   However when I try to connect to ptt, it says it cant connect to the server.  I have already had the ptt added to the acct. which is free for now!  I have internet still, not sure why its not wanting to work.  Maybe I uploaded it too soon, waiting on verizon to get there side ready? i don't know i wish it would work!! i've been waiting on this feature for a year now!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: COMMANDO WITH PTT NOW!!! HELP wont connect to server?
dchildsbcso

Ditto.

I've also been waited, patiently, for this update and for a pointless side button to finally achieve it's God given goal - dedicated as PTT. Imagine my excitement, as bright eyed as a small, crippled child on Christmas morning. "Thank you cosmos!" he exclaimed, "Finally, a reason to go on! A reason to live!"

Perhaps overdramatic, a shade at most, either way, I was looking over different wireless providers to find a comparable "ruggedized" phone, one that might not have a touch-screen. In retrospect, a touchscreen phone that is also waterproof is as useful as, well, that's a tough anology to complete. Point is, the honeymoon was over with this phone, I could use it in the rain, but... I couldn't use the screen when it was wet. That's neither here nor there.

Again, I also was looking forward to this update. I've encountered the same problem as you, "unable to connect to server." Any information regarding this issue would be very much appreciated. The update installed without a flaw, smooth and simple. Everything else seems to be in order, restored alert (missed call) LED, larger "3G" runner at topscreen, Google music player and other fixes, minus PTT being functional.

I understand that I'm, at this point, complaining about a gift not being what I wanted and am no worse off than I was last week, but if we can fix this, that'd be just fantastic.

Thank you in advance Verizon

0 Likes
xesareo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too have updated my Commando to M100 and PTT software is on my phone, but when i go to add PTT feature code to my account they want to charge me $5.00/month. Why pay for something that Verizon Wireless advertizes for free?

Hpdb301

How did you add the PTT feature code to your Verizon account for free?

I have called Verizon twice about this and was told that the PTT software is free but the PTT feature code added to the account cost $5.00/month. I think they falsely advertized the first line under Device Features.Go here and read for yourself. http://support.verizonwireless.com/pdf/system_update/commando.pdf

Device Features

+ Push to Talk is now available at no additional monthly charge.

To enable, see directions below

To enable Push to Talk on your handset, follow these steps:

1. Complete the Over the Air software update.

2. If you are a business customer, ensure that the Push to Talk feature code

has been added to your account by logging into My Business Account or

by calling 1.800.VZW.4BIZ. If you are a consumer, log into My Verizon or

call 1.800.2.JOIN.IN. Once you’ve added the Push to Talk feature code,

you are now ready to use Push to Talk.

3. Open the Push to Talk app from within the Apps tab on the Commando and

enable Push to Talk by selecting “OK”. The side key on the Commando will

automatically change to Push to Talk ready.

For additional details on Push to Talk, please visit verizonwireless.com/ptt

Hpdb301

I didnt use a code? I called vzw as soon as i realized the update contained the ptt, i always ck after an update! They added the service asked if it was 5.00 she said no its free. However still couldn't connect with server. Went into applications and

forced stop on the app ptt. Phone auto restarted, been working great since!

0 Likes
amike321

I called verizon's "1.800.2.join.in" number yesterday about the free PTT feature on my commando.   I was told it was NOT free and reverted to Customer Service for any questions I had.  Fine, I asked why I was going to have to pay for the fee when their website clearly states that it is free for my device. I had the representative go to www.verizonwireless.com/commandosupport and read the sentence aloud that says:

+ Push to Talk is now available at no additional monthly charge.

To enable, see directions below.

She put me on hold and a few minutes later she came back and said it does state that it is free, but we cannot add the PTT without adding the $5/month charge. She said it will show up as $5/month online but when I receive my paper bill it will say $0.00/month.  She told me to call back and let her know if it does indeed charge and she will have it removed....we shall see.

0 Likes
dchildsbcso

Be sure to post back with you findings. If customers have this much trouble, seems like the company didn't give it their all on the update.

"Oh, it does say that. Let me ask my supervisor because we don't know what's going on."

0 Likes
dchildsbcso

I stopped the PTT app manually from Applications. Still no improvement connecting to server.

Specifically:

Open PTT app

Checking Your PTT Subscription Please Wait...

Unable to Communicate with Server Please Try Again Later

Hard resets, full service, trying again later, no change.

0 Likes
amike321

Mine did the same as you describe until it was "activated" on verizons end.  I'd give them a call, they had me call *228, and press option number 1, to "update" my phone. 

0 Likes
xesareo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just to let everyone know what i have some good news. I talked to a coworker yesterday he explained how he enabled the ptt.

If you do it by logging in it looks like Verizon will charge you $5.00/mo but what happens is they give you a instant $5.00/mo credit. I talked to a Verizon representative and he confirmed this. I logged back in to my account and can see where they are giving a 100% credit back. So all you have to do is add the feature and that's it. It will take a while before it's active on your phone. I waited about half a hour or so  & turned my phone off than back on, now it works.

0 Likes