Is anyone having trouble connecting to Netflix from their phones?
SamuraiGreg

I used to use the Netflix app on my phone without Wifi - just using the standard LTE network.  Unfortunately, I tried it the other day and the app clocks for a minute and says it can't connect.  Tried the speedtest and it shows really good bandwidth (25mbps down) which is fine for Netflix. 

Youtube and other video sites work just fine via the browser on the phone.

Has anyone else had this problem?

If it helps - I'm using the Lumia 735.

Thanks,

Greg

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Is anyone having trouble connecting to Netflix from their phones?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you can use your applications. Have you recently updated the application?
LauraL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I'm not having any issues. I'm using an iPhone 6s Plus and just updated the app to the latest version tonight.

0 Likes
SamuraiGreg

Hi @LauraL_VZW,

The app was updated on 2/12/2016 to have the latest update but I don't think it's the app's fault.  In-fact, when I simply try to hit www.netflix.com through the phone's browser when I'm on LTE/4G, the domain doesn't resolve.  Every other site *does* work just fine.

Everything works fine when I'm on wifi which leads me to believe that something is blocking everything from the *.netflix.com domain when I'm using the phone's internet itself.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Greg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey, SamuraiGreg. I love my Netflix, so I want you to share in enjoying it again. You have been very detailed in what you've been experiencing. That helps me a ton.

Please uninstall the application from your phone, then clear your cache and cookies from the internet browser. Reinstall the application and let us know if this works for you.

Marcus_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SamuraiGreg

Hi Verizon Wireless Customer Support (@Marcus_VZW) -

Thank you for your reply.  Unfortunately, that was the first thing I tried and I just did it again to no avail.

The fact that the website doesn't even load on the phone when I use the 4G/LTE makes me wonder if it is being blocked or throttled somewhere.  Please note that every other site I've tried (youtube, hulu, etc.) all seem to resolve and Netflix.com *does* resolve (and the netflix app works) when I use wifi.

What are the next thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

Greg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying those steps for us, SamuraiGreg. We always want you to enjoy your service however you wish. Are you able to use the app or the website while connected to Wi-Fi?
TimothyS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SamuraiGreg

Hi Verizon Wireless Customer Support -

As I mentioned in my previous post, everything works fine when I use the app or the website while connected to Wi-Fi.

This only seems to happen when I'm using the 4G/LTE network.

Please advise on next steps?

Thanks,

Greg

0 Likes
SamuraiGreg

Hi Verizon Wireless Customer Support -

Giving this a little bump.  Smiley Happy

As I mentioned in my previous post, everything works fine when I use the app or the website while connected to Wi-Fi.

This only seems to happen when I'm using the 4G/LTE network.

Any suggestions on next steps?

Thanks!

Greg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for bumping the post, SamuraiGreg. We’re committed to resolve this Netflix issue for you. My resources indicate that this application has a WiFi only feature, which prevent your phone from using the app while connected to cellular network to prevent data overage charges.

Please go to the application settings, and scroll down to App Settings, then uncheck the WiFi only feature. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes