VTEXT.COM NIGHTMARE
smithc

I once regtistered my mdn for vtext.com  -  suddenly I start getting messages from people I dont even know all day long.  I realize they are bouncing to me.  I made the mistake of answering a few to tell them they are texting the wrong person with my signature on it -  and now I get messages from a few people who address me by my name.  This has been an ongoing thing for almost one year.  I have spoken to vzw about this several times and was given the obvious suggestions -  add numbers to block list,  change my phone number,  etc.  I HAD a 250 text package with NO m2m feature and uppped it to 500 with m2m to cover the vtext messages, but honestly, I hardly need it.  Does Verizon acknowledge this is a real problem?  Does anyone else experience this?  If you look at the call details on your my verizon the mdns will come up with only 4 or 5 numbers (not 10), but I have filled all of the blocked numbers I can possilbly fit on my list and I'm not changing my phone number for something that can be corrected...  any ideas or suggestions to get this to stop?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: VTEXT.COM NIGHTMARE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Smithc, I would like to assist with these unsolicited messages you are receiving. It may be a coincidence that the messages started coming thru around the same time you setup your vtext account, unless you created a nickname on your account. A nickname would allow other VZW customers to send a message to just your nickname, without your mobile number, and you would still receive it. Say for instance you created a general nickname like Smith. Anyone who sends a message to Smith, without attaching it to a contact or entering a mobile number, would be sending a message to you. Non-VZW customers could send a message to Smith@vtext.com and that message will come to you.

Please login to your Vtext account to ensure you don't have a nickname created. First, login to My Verizon. Hove over My Verizon, and select Send a Text under My Messaging. Select Nickname under Preferences. If you have one entered, just select Edit Nickname and delete it.

Also, have you added a block for premium messaging? If not, I can help you get that added. If these are premium messages from companies, you can also reply with STOP in the message (remove any signatures) to be unsubscribed.

Let me know if you need additional assistance.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: VTEXT.COM NIGHTMARE
smithc

I did have a nickname in there and have taken it out.  I would love to just completely remove my info from the whole vtext.com - is there a way to do that?  I have all the necessary blocks in place already- hopefully removing my name will help.  I'll let you know.

0 Likes