Where's my 4G? (South Coast Oregon)
paulake
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey Verizon,  We are suffering over here at the most westerly point of the lower 48.  There is NO 4G the entire length of Curry County on Rt 101!  You have thousands of customer here that rely on 3G as their ONLY data link.  We all have 4G devices that are useless!.  Check your data usage through the Carpenterville tower (I know you know what that means) and get a 4G system out there.  Been waiting for years and years.  I know you do rural areas with 4G.  I was out in MODOC county California, the sparsest place in northeastern CA and even THEY had 4G.  Whats the deal. 

Paula

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Where's my 4G? (South Coast Oregon)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi paulake,

We want to ease your suffering as quickly as possible! We are doing everything humanly possible to extend our 4G network to our entire 3G footprint as soon as we can. While we do not have a timeframe for our 4G expansion to your area, be assured that 4G will be there soon.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
paulake
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well Mr Verizon,  it has been over 6 months and still no 4G on the South Coast of Oregon.  You have 4G coverage up the California coat up to the BORDER with Oregon and you have extended 4G coveraged down the Oregon Coast to Port Orford but the 90 miles in between HAS NO 4G  What are you people thinking.  Now is the time for 4G on the South Coast of Oregon NOT the alleged SOON.

softwave3g
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I would like to know too.  What does "soon" mean?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can tell you're excited about enjoying 4G LTE softwave3g! What is your zip code? We're working hard to expand as many areas as possible! Here's where we make announcements for expansion. http://bit.ly/n5snpq

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
paulake
Enthusiast - Level 2

Zipcode(s) are 97415 and 97444.  You have many loyal Verizon customers here who depend on their data plan for their only Internet access.  But we seem to be at the bottom of your priority.  Please move us up!

Paula Keezer

Squidrock7
Enthusiast - Level 1

I to find the coverage along the Oregon coast absolutely horrendous!!!  I worked in the wireless industry for many years installing sites in the Pacific Northwest and know Verizon is fully capable of providing proper coverage. On top of the inexcusably poor coverage alone the Highway101 corridor there is no coverage even at the Newport Oregon Airport. A VITAL LIFELINE IN EVENT OF A NATURAL DISASTER!!!!  Oh, I don't know, maybe an earthquake or tsunami!  I know this is true as I literally live across the highway from the airport.  So, Verizon, how are FEMA, first responders, and other disaster aid groups going to be able to communicate at the first place they will arrive if they can not get any coverage because of the carelessness, negligence and apathy of Verizon?  After Katrina FEMA implemented MANDATORY upgrades at critical cell sites near medical, law enforcement, and critical transportation facilities.  How does Verizon get away with ignoring life saving measures?  Upgrading services on the disaster prone Oregon Coast is the only solution.,  Verizon, a rote PR response like you've been posting is not adequate.  I am aware of the quarterly budget allocation method used to chose what upgrades are to be done or not, and how profits margin is a strong factor.  So show you value life not by rote PR wording to my post and by action.  Reply with details on what you are actually going to do and specifically where.  Show lives are more important than your profit margin and UPGRADE THE SERVICE ON THE COAST AND AT CRITICAL LOCATIONS!! 

0 Likes