Re: Why does my Galaxy phones severely compress received MMS / text pictures down to 30KB?
Tidbits
Legend

It'll always happen. When you send a text even on the iPhone it is compressed. It may not look compressed when you send it but on the other end it's compressed. When you use iMessenger (even when you send it to yourself) it will not compress because it uses the data connection instead of IMS which has a MB cap limit. Disable iMessenger and see what happens.

Doesn't matter what carrier you are on. If the photo is over the IMS protocol limit it will compress the photos.

0 Likes
Re: Why does my Galaxy phones severely compress received MMS / text pictures down to 30KB?
Tidbits
Legend

Also double check your APN or messenger settings and make sure you didn't accidently setup a 30KB send limit. Should be at least 300 to 1MB(1024KB).

0 Likes
GrafinLupus

This amount of compression, so that the photos are blurry and, in some cases, so low resolution that they appear pixelated, is not normal nor should it be acceptable.

I switched from a Kyocera Dura Force Pro, which displayed the photos clear and sharp to totally awful on my Samsung S10+. I have tried the original massage app that came with the phone, the Verizon message app, and one other. The same photos in a group chat come to my husband's Moto Z Force crisp and clear and mine are awful. If I send a sharp, clear photo to myself it comes back to me low res and blurry.

I have tried every setting on my phone.

Verizon & Samsung; What are you doing about this?  Stop passing the blame and provide a solution!

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GrafinLupus, 

We understand how upsetting this is for you. We want to get to the bottom of this. Did this begin with your phone immediately? Are you still using that phone?

JenelleW_vzw

0 Likes