450 4.1.8 invalid/host-not-in-DNS return address not allowed
Axel
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using my setup for years and never had a problem.

Since noon, I am unable to send my emails with the Verizon smtp anymore. All my emails (with different response addresses mostly @gmail.com) are not accepted by Verizon SMTP anymore and rejected.

Please advise, why unprofressional guy working on your systems?

Axel

0 Likes
Re: 450 4.1.8 invalid/host-not-in-DNS return address not allowed
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at: http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

0 Likes
Axel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Question is: Have other users a similar issue (since around 1pm today)? I certainly doubt this to affect only my account or my setup!

0 Likes
EdSpinks

I am having the exact same problem - called Verizon help, but they could not resolve (told me it was a problem on my end)

0 Likes
EdSpinks

Please post a reply if you have any resolution, I cannot seem to resolved the issue, but it is 5:00 and tomorrow is another day...

0 Likes
bluline

Same exact problem.  Does verizon look at these posts?

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

While a Verizon employee may occasionally post here, this community is meant mainly for peer-to-peer support. If you need to talk to a Verizon representative, you should contact customer service directly.

@bluline wrote:

Same exact problem.  Does verizon look at these posts?

0 Likes
michaelingp

I have this problem as well, and I did contact Verizon support, to no avail.  They seemed to think that what I'm doing is not supported, but every web page I went to on the subject (or on "premier support") was broken.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Are you using Verizon DNS or some other.  Also check the server name in your mail setup.  Messages means no MX record found.

Also did you switch over to port 465 (for ssl) or 587 (non-ssl) as they have been saying for awhile.  Possibly they shutdown access to the default SMTP port although I think the message is different for that.

Try a test message to yourself.  Might be some other mail exchange record missing such as the one for GMAIL.

0 Likes