550 5.7.1 Authentication Required; Issue sending mail via Eudora 7.1
jlbIAM1

I know this topic has been covered previously.  I have tried many of the previous suggested solutions but nothing has worked.  I thought I would post a message myself, as my situation might be slightly different.

As of July 31st Eudora 7.1 worked great for me.  I have it on my desktop and prefer it over the alternatives for a variety of reasons.

I went on the road on August 1st.  I tried to access my Verizon e-mail at verizon.net, but using my phone and being all thumbs I got locked out.  I created a new pw and proceeded to send and receive e-mail through verizon.net.

When I returned home I could not send or receive e-mails through Eudora.  I quickly realized that I needed to re-set my Verizon password in Eudora, which I did.  However, that only solved the receiving e-mails issues.  For the past week I have been struggling to get the send function to work, again following the various solutions that apparently worked for others in the past, but to no avail.

It doesn't make sense to me that re-setting my pw would leave a lasting impact on the send function only, but I guess stranger things have happened.  Does anyone have a solution that has worked recently?

Thank you,

Jeff

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 550 5.7.1 Authentication Required; Issue sending mail via Eudora 7.1
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
jlbIAM1

Thank you so much for directing me to the string!  Based on the fact that a group of us started having issues around the same time, it seems possible/likely that something Verizon did conflicted with our Eudora software.

In any event, adding the line  SmtpAuthBanished=CRAM-MD5   to the eudora.ini file fixed my problem.

0 Likes
janborl

Thank you - it worked for me as well. Also, for those who would like detailed instructions can follow picture guide at Eudora 550 5.7.1 Authentication Required

0 Likes