550 5.7.1 The message you attempted to send was determined to be spam
HCVerizon
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am receiving this message from Verizon at any time that I send an email using Outlook  "550 5.7.1 The message you attempted to send was determined to be spam. Please visit http://www.verizon.net/spamfaq for more information."

I already followed the instructions in that website but after 3 days I still cannot send emails.

Re: 550 5.7.1 The message you attempted to send was determined to be spam
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Typically that means that something in the format of the email is triggering the Spam response.  Multiple urls without intervening text and the like will do it.

Do you get that response to all emails?  Did you try creating a plain text message and sending that?  Can you send the emails correctly from the Verizon web based mail site?

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

As stated in the Spam FAQ page, you will not get any response when sending the message to spamdetector.update@verizon.net for review. You attach the message that you are unable to send, and they review it. Depending on the outcome of the investigation, the filter will either be updated to allow the content that was previously blocked, or it will be determined to be a legitimate block and no changes will be made.

Some troubleshooting steps you can try:
If you have a signature, try removing one line at a time from it and attempting to send the message again. Some signatures look like "ads" to the filters, apparently.

If you are using a pop3 client (Outlook, Outlook Express, etc.) try sending your message from the verizon.net website. If this resolves the issue, then it is something that your client is adding to the message that is causing it to be blocked.

If the Subject line of your message has a whole bunch of "Fwd: Fwd: Re: Fwd:" try removing some of them.

Remove any links/URLs from the email one at a time to isolate if one of them is causing the block.

Some people have suggested sending the message to check@isnotspam.com for investigation. This may work for you as well.

edwidgeburke

Port. 465 Secure {SSL}. Yes. Server error 554  Error number 0x800CCC6F

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@edwidgeburke wrote:

Port. 465 Secure {SSL}. Yes. Server error 554  Error number 0x800CCC6F

You probably should post in a separate thread.  Essentially your connection was rejected.  Perhaps you have it misconfigured e.g. trying to go to the wrong server such as pop.verizon.net instead of smtp.verizon.net.  Or possibly a temporary overload or outage, in which case it will correct on its own.

Remember you are talking to peers here.  With just the info you posted we can only make wild guesses on your problem.

0 Likes
petermeyer
Enthusiast - Level 2

When will Verizon fix this mess?  Their system allows all kinds of spam! emails into my mailbox, but God forbid I try to send something violates one of their angels-dancing-on-the-head-of-a-pin standard!  The irony is that a piece of spam that enters my inbox through Verizon is labeled spam when I try to forward it to someone!  

0 Likes