AOL email - AOL webmail page is not working right.
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

Go here: https://mail.aol.com/webmail-std/en-us/suite

or 

type mail.aol.com

This is not working. I get a strange oversized type of screen and it is unusable.

I called AOL support and they say it is fine. it is not fine.  They want money to help me.

I am not paying for something that should be working in the first place. Doesnt work on Google Chrome or on IE.  Something is wrong with the AOL webmail.  Cant believe i will have to pay to get this corrected.

0 Likes
Re: AOL email - AOL webmail page is not working right.
jonjones1
Legend

This is the Fios internet help section not the email section.

go here.   https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/bd-p/emailissues

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

To sign in to AOL mail after migration from Verizon

Go Here:

https://www.aol.com/?ncid=crosssellusaolc00000003

CLICK ON:  Login/Join

Works for me.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to let all of us know and click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

0 Likes
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

Had nothin to do with that. I had to change a port setting once and then another time it just was caused by an outage.

0 Likes
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

There is no email help so  i had to come here. Why?  Because AOL wanted money to help me. Understand??

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@gcvillewrote:

There is no email help so  i had to come here. Why?  Because AOL wanted money to help me. Understand??

Well I don’t know whom you are replying to but here is a help link

https://help.aol.com/articles/verizon-move-to-aol-mail-faq

Now personally I don’t like their email (Verizon.net) and the AOL is buggy and spammy.

i have a way old account as a stand alone, and one for so called Verizon email which I set up but never use. Half the time the migration mail Verizon/AOL is dead.

i always recommend getting a stable free email service such as GMail or Outlook (hotmail) can be used at any internet service and no need to play these transfer games from one to another.

Oath will be another failed product. Simply a marketing ploy.

0 Likes
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

Was replying to you.  You told me this is for FIOS help.  So i said that there is no email help here to enter a post.  So i chose to post here even though I guess i shouldnt.  Anyway, FIOS tech support ends up helping me with AOL issues most of the time. AOL wants money for tech support and that bothers me.

AOL email is okay, just some issues in Microsoft Outlook sometimes.  I had to change port settings once and another time an outage caused a problem.  Then one time i had to change user id to full email address rather than just the user id part of email address ( no verizon.net part).  

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@gcvillewrote:

Was replying to you.  You told me this is for FIOS help.  So i said that there is no email help here to enter a post.  So i chose to post here even though I guess i shouldnt.  Anyway, FIOS tech support ends up helping me with AOL issues most of the time. AOL wants money for tech support and that bothers me.

AOL email is okay, just some issues in Microsoft Outlook sometimes.  I had to change port settings once and another time an outage caused a problem.  Then one time i had to change user id to full email address rather than just the user id part of email address ( no verizon.net part).  

This is the portion of the forum for email help 😀

i know that free assistance today is a crap shoot since on these forums it’s a customer helping a customer forum.  Normally I look up on the net to give web links to try to get a person that free help. Hence the link I gave you. 

You could also try getting help from http://www.dslreports.com on their Verizon Fios forums. There is also a Verizon direct with real helpful Verizon employees and secure.

0 Likes
wmhjr
Enthusiast - Level 3

AOL email is not even remotely OK.  The issues they have are not in the slightest bit due to "Outlook".  They have experienced massive authentication issues for months.  Properly setup mail clients such as Outlook - and others - cannot authenticate into the Verizon.net/AOL mail systems via POP3 becasue AOL authentication has issues.  Then there have been complete outages, such as the 26 hour outage from Sat AM to Sun night this past weekend, and the massive outage of this week.  Then, there are the issues resulting from non-existent customer support and no escalation path.  I am a senior technology leader, and have never, ever, ever, ever, ever seen such a poorly managed, unreliable, poorly performaning and unacceptable service provider.  AOL sets the bar for being as bad of a provider as could possibly be managed.  AOL finds it perfectly OK to sell your private email data in order to monetize it for targeted advertising, but spends zero time in ensuring you actually even have access to your own email.  Selling data in a way - by the way - that Google and others have refused to do.  AOL is part of the "Oath" family of brands, which is a Verizon business - so it's all still in terms of responsibility right at the feet of Verizon.  It is frankly difficult to describe just how "wrong" ever aspect of this entire fiasco is.  

@gcvillewrote:

0 Likes
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

Yeah, thanks. 

i find that i can gain insight by posting here as well as taking other avenues.

The Verizon tech support fixed my issue last time (with MS Outlook).   AOL support is not very effective and they want money for any tech support beyond the simplest little move.  When ports or log in changes, MS Outlook needs to be updated for the email to feed in.  I have scanned thru help files, but usually getting the verizon tech support is the fastest and most effective way to fix an issue. Anyway, that's the deal. Have a good one.

0 Likes