AOL requiring subscription before tech service help
Sandman11
Enthusiast - Level 1

Recent problem with aol.mail.com scanning attachments as "unable to download". Even happening on previously downloaded attachments. verizon says it's an AOL problem, AOL says it's my computer and they can help me BUT only if I subscrieb for $9.99 and I'll get Macafee. I already ahve macafee. Not good PR from a verizon company that sold me the bundle.suggestions welcome

0 Likes
Re: AOL requiring subscription before tech service help
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most likely settings in your browser.  Traditionally they block certain downloads.  More details are needed to help such as OS, Browser, Security software, and version levels.  Are you using an email application such as Microsoft Mail, Thunderbird, AOL.  Or just your web browser.  What type download (pdf, jpeg, executable, etc).   Don't post anything confidential (i.e userid and password)

Remember you are asking Peers here.

0 Likes
Re: AOL requiring subscription before tech service help
Sandman11
Enthusiast - Level 1

After I posted I got through to a very helpful Verizon tech, Russ, who spent time with me and eventually had me install chrome. Now pdf files download to computer and I can open from my own files. I don't know if Edge was the problem or a combination of McAffee and AOL scanning ym email attachments. thanks for help offer. have a nice weekend. 

0 Likes