Access Sub-Account in Outlook 2003
juliannafriday
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a main email address and one sub-account that I want to access in Outlook 2003. I know how to set up both email accounts in Outlook and have successfully done so. The problem is, when I open Outlook, it automatically goes to my main email. I have no way to access my sub-account. I've installed Outlook 2003 before, and it used to give me a pop-up box when I launched Outlook where I could choose which email account to view. It no longer does this. Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Access Sub-Account in Outlook 2003
FyrTygr
Enthusiast - Level 2
You have to set them up as identities first.  so you want to do that in the program under mail set up.   
Multiple profiles

You typically need more than one profile in the following situations:

• You want to keep your work data separate from your personal data.
  • You use Outlook on a single computer that you share with other people. For example, if you and your spouse have different e-mail accounts, each of you can have your own profile with the accounts and settings that you need.
  • You have multiple Exchange Server e-mail accounts.

If you need more than one profile, you can create a profile anytime and add the accounts and settings that you need.

ShowCreate a new profile

If you use multiple profiles, you can do either of the following:

ShowConfigure Outlook to always start with a specific profile

ShowConfigure Outlook to prompt you for a specific profile when the program starts

NOTE   Switching profiles means that you are changing which e-mail accounts and settings are available to you in an Outlook session. On the other hand, switching e-mail accounts means that you are sending e-mail by using another e-mail account and address available in the same profile.

HideCreate a new profile

1. Open the Mail Setup dialog box.

ShowHow?

1. Click Show Profiles.
  2. Click Add.
  3. Type a name for the profile, and then click OK.

New Profile dialog box

1. You can now add an e-mail account to use in your profile by following the directions on your screen.

HideConfigure Outlook to prompt you for a specific profile when the program starts

ShowHow?

1. Click Show Profiles.
  2. Under When starting Microsoft Office Outlook, use this profile, click Prompt for a profile to be used.

Mail dialog box

NOTE   You cannot change to another profile while Outlook is running. You have to restart Outlook to switch profiles.

1. When Outlook starts, click the profile that you want to use in the list.

Choose Profile dialog box

View solution in original post

FyrTygr
Enthusiast - Level 2
You have to set them up as identities first.  so you want to do that in the program under mail set up.   
Multiple profiles

You typically need more than one profile in the following situations:

• You want to keep your work data separate from your personal data.
  • You use Outlook on a single computer that you share with other people. For example, if you and your spouse have different e-mail accounts, each of you can have your own profile with the accounts and settings that you need.
  • You have multiple Exchange Server e-mail accounts.

If you need more than one profile, you can create a profile anytime and add the accounts and settings that you need.

ShowCreate a new profile

ShowConfigure Outlook to prompt you for a specific profile when the program starts

NOTE   Switching profiles means that you are changing which e-mail accounts and settings are available to you in an Outlook session. On the other hand, switching e-mail accounts means that you are sending e-mail by using another e-mail account and address available in the same profile.

HideCreate a new profile

ShowHow?

1. Click Show Profiles.
  2. Click Add.
  3. Type a name for the profile, and then click OK.

New Profile dialog box

1. You can now add an e-mail account to use in your profile by following the directions on your screen.

HideConfigure Outlook to prompt you for a specific profile when the program starts

ShowHow?

1. Click Show Profiles.
  2. Under When starting Microsoft Office Outlook, use this profile, click Prompt for a profile to be used.

Mail dialog box

NOTE   You cannot change to another profile while Outlook is running. You have to restart Outlook to switch profiles.

1. When Outlook starts, click the profile that you want to use in the list.

Choose Profile dialog box

juliannafriday
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you very much! When I read your solution, I remembered that was how I did it before. However, that option was no longer within Outlook, I guess because of the version of Windows I am using...? Anyway, I was able to do what you said through the Control Panel, so thank you.