Accessing verizon.net email via iPhone?
ArlMagpie

How can I access my verizon mail on the road? I find no app for this. Any advice (or instructions) for using Apple's phone app to access verizon.net mail?

0 Likes
Re: Accessing verizon.net email via iPhone?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

you can always go to http://m.verizon.com and use their web based email, or you can use the internal mail app of the iphone, follow these instructions @ www.verizon.com/repair - 

Setup your Verizon Email Account

I thought there was a fios app, but I can't recall.  My wife has the iphone, I have the droid

Det_Titan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Perhaps you already have figured this out but I'll respond anyway. I'm amazed no Verizon person has responded.  Do they even respond here? Both Comcast and AT&T Uverse responded on their forums.

1. Go To Settings on iPhone

2. Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars

3. Select. Add Account

4. Select Other

5. Select Add Mail Account

6. Give the Mail Account a name

7. Put in your Verizon.net email address

8.  Add your Verizon.net email password

9. Provide a description if you like

You're Done! Now youvan receive your email on your phone. Similar steps can be used for any other email accounts you have. 

0 Likes
Det_Titan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oops I didn't click your link. 

0 Likes
BrotherLeo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't get this.  I followed all of these steps, but when I click the Next button I get an alert telling me "Cannot Connect Using SSL.  Do you want to try setting up the account without SSL?"  If I answer "No" then I come to the screen with the option to use IMAP or POP. Both of them have the same result.  If I click "Yes" to setup without SSL I get another alert telling me that "incoming.verizon.net" is not responding, and asks me to check the information I've entered.  This happens repeatedly.  Any clue why I can't get this set up?  FYI I have a new iPhone 5 purchased through Verizon. 

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@BrotherLeo wrote:

I don't get this.  I followed all of these steps, but when I click the Next button I get an alert telling me "Cannot Connect Using SSL.  Do you want to try setting up the account without SSL?"  If I answer "No" then I come to the screen with the option to use IMAP or POP. Both of them have the same result.  If I click "Yes" to setup without SSL I get another alert telling me that "incoming.verizon.net" is not responding, and asks me to check the information I've entered.  This happens repeatedly.  Any clue why I can't get this set up?  FYI I have a new iPhone 5 purchased through Verizon. 

What ports is it setting up to use?

0 Likes
BrotherLeo
Enthusiast - Level 2

How can I tell?  As I mentioned, there is no Advanced tab where that information would be displayed.

0 Likes
BrotherLeo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry, I thought I had mentioned that there was no Advanced tab...that must've been in a different thread.  Anyway, there is no Advanced tab.  There are just 3 sections - the top part with name and email address, then the Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server sections, which each just have Host Name, User Name, and Password fields.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

you aren't following the instructions at www.verizon.com/repair then.  there are sections you aren't even getting to or touching.   

Setup your Verizon Email Account
0 Likes
BrotherLeo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm telling you, I've followed these directions multiple times.

1. Select the Mail, Contacts, Calendars tab

2. Tap on the Add Account... tab

3. Tap on the Other tab

4. Tap on the Add Mail Account tab

5. Enter name, address, password, click Next

6. This is the step where the instructions don't match my phone.  As soon as I click Next on step 5 I get an alert saying that it cannot connect using SSL.  I can choose yes or no, but it doesn't really matter.  The next screen in the instructions says that I should fill out the Incoming and Outgoing mail server fields, and then click the Advanced tab.  My screen doesn't show an Advanced tab!  It shows an option for IMAP or POP along with the server information.  I've tried IMAP, I've tried POP, but neither works.  I get the same alert saying "Cannot connect using SSL".

0 Likes