All mail going out is stopped as spam
mloufrost
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since the middle of the afternoon today, I can't send out email.  It is stopped with a message that it is considered to be spam.

It is simple personal emails, not spam.

I contacted technical help without results.  The live chat couldn't solve it and after 20 minutes via phone I had to leave for a meeting.

I was to be called back at 10 pm but no call came.

I still can't send out email.

Has anyone had this problem?

Mary Lou

0 Likes
Re: All mail going out is stopped as spam
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

You can try sending your message to spamdetector.update@verizon.net, but as stated in the Spam FAQ page, you will not get any response when sending the message to spamdetector.update@verizon.net for review. You attach the message that you are unable to send, and they review it. Depending on the outcome of the investigation, the filter will either be updated to allow the content that was previously blocked, or it will be determined to be a legitimate block and no changes will be made.

Some troubleshooting steps you can try:
If you have a signature, try removing one line at a time from it and attempting to send the message again. Some signatures look like "ads" to the filters, apparently.

If you are using a pop3 client (Outlook, Outlook Express, etc.) try sending your message from the verizon.net website. If this resolves the issue, then it is something that your client is adding to the message that is causing it to be blocked.

If the Subject line of your message has a whole bunch of "Fwd: Fwd: Re: Fwd:" try removing some of them.

Remove any links/URLs from the email one at a time to isolate if one of them is causing the block.

Some people have suggested sending the message to check@isnotspam.com for investigation. This may work for you as well.

Re: All mail going out is stopped as spam
mloufrost
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since even my outgoing mail from the Verizon website received the same "spam" reason for not going, I pursued this with Verizon technical service and was finally told that it was a server problem and the "spam block" would be removed in 24 hours.  It has.

I tried sending the message to only one recipient and that was blocked, too, so I knew it was not connected with the number of recipients I sent it to.

When I sent a simple message it sometimes went through and sometimes was blocked.

I am guessing that it was a server problem and I hope I never experience it again.

I appreciate the options mentioned in the reply and I will follow them if this problem crops up again.

Mary Lou

0 Likes