Anyone else having trouble with Verizon Webmail?
mdcatdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yesterday morning I found that I could not log into Verizon Webmail using Safari. I called Verizon FIOS Tech Support and they said there was  a system-wide e-mail problem which would take 4-10 hours to fix. I noted that I was able to access Webmail using Firefox, for which he had no answer.

Nevertheless, I deleted all verizon.net cookies and rebooted but still have the same problem today (and Webmail worked on Firefox last night).

Does anyone else have this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Anyone else having trouble with Verizon Webmail?
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

I do not know if I will be able to solve the issue, but I can try.

#1 What platform is Safari running on? I know that it runs on Windows and Mac.

#2 What version of Safari are you using?

#3 Are there any add-ons installed for Safari?

0 Likes
mdcatdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

What is really annoying is that when I hit "Reply" to this message in Safari I get an Authentication Failed message.

To answer you question I had to go to Firefox:

1. I'm using the Mac version of Safari (v4.0.5), Mac OS 10.6.3

2. The only add-on I can think of is FlashBlocker. I even added verizon.net and verizon.com

and tried Reply again, but with the same result

0 Likes
69VetteGuy
Enthusiast - Level 1

YES!!  I've been having problems constantly for the past two days accessing my Verizon e-mail via the web browser interface.  I'm on a Windows PC running XP SP3.

I contacted the on-line chat support from my FIOS account page, and the brilliant support person told me that they don't have the knowledge to handle FIOS related issues and offered to give me the phone number for FIOS support - HUH??   I used the link from the FIOS Support page, and they don't handle FIOS questions?  How **bleep** is that?

The larger issue to me is, what does trying to access the Verizon webmail application have to do with FIOS?  I'm not at home trying to use my FIOS connection - I'm at work on the open internet - for all Verizon cares, I could be at an internet cafe, an airport PC kiosk, or anywhere in the world trying to get to my Verizon e-mail via the web - what does FIOS have to do with that?

AAARGGHHHH - sometimes, customer support drives me batty !!!

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

If there is a way, you could use the add-on that changes the default user agent (if there is one on the Mac)

0 Likes
mdcatdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not sure what you mean by "agent" but I called tech support again this afternoon

and was told again that this is a system-wide problem that began Tuesday and is expected to be

resolved momentarily.

Funny that there's no mention of it that I can see on Verizon's website. Also strange (and

the tech support guy confirmed) that I can access Webmail via Firefox

askier1

I just today stumbled on Verizon Webmail and am starting to use it.   I have a shortcut icon on my desktop, clicking on it gets me right to my e-mail. No crap to get in the way, no advertising or Madonna articles.  I am really hoping it continues.

Verizon technical help does their best, but most of the problems we have just are intractible. At least it comes with our service.  My biggest disappointment was a $138 fiasco with the geek squad.

and when I discover something like Verizon Webmail it is a great relief.

I have no idea how to help you:  I have a good computer and windows 7, so Verizon Webmail works.

0 Likes
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

I dont have a problem with access, but I do have a webmail problem.  THe problem is that they come in as not bold when I havent read them yet. Sometimes they come in bold and sometimes not bold.  It doesnt work properly on any browser or pc.  No one seems to be able to fix it.

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

I believe there was an issue yesterday when signing in and going into email a 404 error...its been fixed though

0 Likes
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

I got rid of the old Verizon Yahoo email and that solved the problem.  My only problems now are that the page doesnt always load properly and looks odd at the top half... but i can still get to my messages and respond.   And then the issue I had today with the font size suddenly shrinking and I did not change anything on Internet Explorer. All my other websites are the same, but the Verizon site changed for some reason.  Odd. Always something.

0 Likes