Apple Mail Still Will Not Work with Verizon
drjohn1985

Greetings to All:

Sunday, March 24, 2013

I've been trying to get Apple Mail to work with Verizon email for some years without success. I read the boards and find that this is not an uncommon problem. I received the new server settings for Verizon email today and eagerly plugged them in thinking this would solve my problems with receiving Verizon email, but, alas, it did not. Microsoft Outlook does a dandy job of pulling in Verizon email, but Apple Mail cannot. It's ridiculous that I should have to jump over to another email app to open one email account. All of the settings have been checked and double checked and the machine rebooted as the instructions mandate. 

I don't understand what the problem is with Apple Mail and Verizon email. Apple Mail pulls in just about every other email service without flaw. Does anybody out there have any insight into this?

-Dr. John

0 Likes
Re: Apple Mail Still Will Not Work with Verizon
Lori12309

I am beyond frustrated with this issue.  I've just spent 90 minutes on the phone with verizon support and it couldn't be fixed.  I was told to call Apple.  HAH!  "Please call during normal business hours."  Would anyone know what they are???!

I did NOT have trouble until I changed the servers, per Verizon's request. I am so happy I didn't futz aroudn with my iPad.

0 Likes