Authentication Failure; can't receive/send emails/ can't access webmail and more!
poconogal
Enthusiast - Level 1

I moved from PA to FL at the end of November.  In PA, I no longer had DSL, but I paid to retain my Verizon email addresses, 2 email addressess, $19.95 each, per year.  I believe I began paying to retain my emails earlier THIS year.

On Dec. 6, 2014 I had Comcast install for WiFi and TV in new home.  Since that time, when connected to Comcast WiFi, I could not SEND any Verizon email except for a very occasional one.  I would have to disconnect from WiFi, and turn on Mobile Data on my Verizon phone, and then the email would go through.

That has since stopped too.  I have been getting authentication failure messages, which state:

"Please check ID/PW first.  Or try 15 mins later because your account could be blocked due to frequent login attempts."

I tried to access Verizon email through the web, and cannot.  I get a message that my account is blocked due to too many login attempts.

I was at least receiving Verizon email up until Dec. 23, which is the last day my email updated.  Since Dec. 23, I do not receive Verizon email either.

Another issue is that someone has been using MY Verizon email address, but he has a different first name, same last name.  His email uses the same first initial as mine, and the same last name @verizon.net.   I believe it may be because my email is through my Domain, and his may be the same email but he may have DSL.  Been told by Verizon that 2 people can't have the same email address.  I beg to differ.

I HAVE TRIED A FEW TIMES TO GET THROUGH TO SOMEONE AT VERIZON TO RECTIFY MY NON-WORKING EMAIL ISSUE, to NO AVAIL.

After waiting on IGNORE, not HOLD, but IGNORE for 1/2 an hour, and also because of previous attempts and getting the "transfer you to the right department" runaround that Verizon is famous for, I have in desperation come onto this forum in the hopes that someone can sort this issue.

I know that I am allowed a certain amount of storage on the server, yet I cannot download my Verizon emails off the server and onto the desktop either.  My husband's email is still working, but he is NOT using Comcast WiFi and he still resides in PA until he can retire.

0 Likes
Re: Authentication Failure; can't receive/send emails/ can't access webmail and more!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Problem Began Again Last Night and Can't Send Verizon Email Again
poconogal
Enthusiast - Level 1

I thought the solution to my inability to send Verizon email was solved.  As of last night, began getting authentication failure messages again.  This morning, my email comes up "Sending Incomplete" while I am on Comcast WiFi. 

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Authentication-Failure-can-t-receive-send-emails-can-...

Verizon was blocking my ability to send Verizon email using Comcast WiFi.  My IP was unblocked while on the phone in a chat session and all was working well after my passwords were changed.  I had to remove my email accounts from my Verizon mobile phone and reenter them with the new passwords.  Apparently Verizon has decided to start the problem all over again.

I am beyond annoyed.

I have two email addresses that I wanted to retain when I got rid of DSL and I paid Verizon to keep them.  I won't be renewing the email addresses when my year is up, and at this point, I want the email addresses shut down.  I have 14 mos. to go on my mobile contract, and when that expires, I will look elsewhere for mobile service too.

I really think Verizon has one hell of a nerve blocking the sending of emails through anything but Verizon.

0 Likes