Bait and Switch by Verizon
brucef1

I feel that I am a victim of bait and switch from Verizon.  While going to pay my bill online a popup window came up asking me to renew my 2 yr agreement at 109.99 for existing bundle or 119.99 for FiOS Quantum.  I choose to stay with my existing bundle at 109.99.  I received an email confirmation at 119.99 for my existing servcice.  Neither Customer Service by phone or the online chat rep could resolve the problem.  The online chat rep tried to get me to go for 114.99.   I have copies of the original window solicitation and confirmation at 109.99 and the online chat conversation.  I want what I signed up for!!  If unresolved I will contact BBB and communications department of NJ.  Has anyone else had this happen?

0 Likes
Re: Bait and Switch by Verizon
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Bait and Switch by Verizon
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

brucef,

While we are happy to assist with any issues concerning Verizon Home Service, we are not able to take any action without your information. After multiple requests for this information from you in your Private Support Case without any response, we have closed said case. If you still require assistance please make a new post.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes