Blocking E-Mails as SPAM When NOT Spam
mwinnick

I frequently try to forward an email and Verizon replys that it is spam and refuses to forward it. But the mail is NOT spam.

Today I tried to send an email with a URL in it and it was kicked back as a spam email. How the heck does that happen? The URL wasn't a spam site. How the heck do I get Verizon to stop this or how do I contact someone to send them the email so they can deteremine why they thought it was spam?

I even tried to send it with a bunch of x's added within the URL and it got refused.

This is a pain as the only way I can then send that email is to take an image of it and paste it into another email.

This is very annoying and frustrating and I don't like it one bit. I am tired of the government getting into my pants, and I don't see why Verizon has decided to be my nanny, especially when they don't do it right.

I'd like a reply from anyone, especially Verizon, who can help.

0 Likes
Re: Blocking E-Mails as SPAM When NOT Spam
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Had that issue too, typically with emails that url's in them.

Bottom line is there is no sense in the way their outgoing spam fileter works and no clearly defined rules anywhere so you could correct your mail to get it to go.

I got around the issue by using my, free, gmail account as the outgoing server when I forward stuff

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

the spam filter is a bit tricky at times....if you put in www.yahoo.com it may not go through however....http://www.yahoo.com will work....check the link by adding either http or https may help in sending

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

As stated in the Spam FAQ page, you will not get any response when sending the message to spamdetector.update@verizon.net for review. You attach the message that you are unable to send, and they review it. Depending on the outcome of the investigation, the filter will either be updated to allow the content that was previously blocked, or it will be determined to be a legitimate block and no changes will be made.

Some troubleshooting steps you can try:
If you have a signature, try removing one line at a time from it and attempting to send the message again. Some signatures look like "ads" to the filters, apparently.

If you are using a pop3 client (Outlook, Outlook Express, etc.) try sending your message from the verizon.net website. If this resolves the issue, then it is something that your client is adding to the message that is causing it to be blocked.

If the Subject line of your message has a whole bunch of "Fwd: Fwd: Re: Fwd:" try removing some of them.

Remove any links/URLs from the email one at a time to isolate if one of them is causing the block.

Some people have suggested sending the message to check@isnotspam.com for investigation. This may work for you as well.

0 Likes
mwinnick

I don't get it. In order to use my gmail server Verizon must still forward it to that server, so I still get them refusing to do that. How doy you do that? I use Outlook 2013.

0 Likes

The biggest issue with the Verizon email Spam detector is the guessing game. One compter uses Verizon email incoming and outgoing. Two other computers use only Verizon as outgoing.

We have been shut down for 24hr at least once every 1-1/2 months. The notice gives you zero indication of what triggered the banishment or even what IP triggered it. Every time it happens we have to revert to sending by Gmail or Yahoo Mail.

We do not send out emails in quantites anywhere near the limits. I reply in Plain Text as much as possible but since I run a small manufacturing business I have to forward or send pdf drawings and links all the time. My signature has not changed at all in several years. I don't forward jokes and my emails do not have multiple re or fwd in the subject line.

I have called Tech Support several times. Once I was told to just give up and use Gmail. Another time I was told that there was no way anyone could contact {please keep your posts courteous} the abuse department. The last time I called tech support I was routed to billing who routed me to Web Support who disconnected me when I asked her to find someone who knew who I could contact.

I will try to do my part but am really hampered by the lack of information. A form letter telling you that you've been banished for 24 hours just does not cut it.

I am only still with Verizon becuase my wife is a Verizon retiree but that excuse is wearing thin.

0 Likes