Bounced back emails I have never sent!
Jo-Jo2

I am receiving at least 50 emails everyday from: 

Mail Delivery System <Mailer-Daemon@yourhostingaccount.com>

Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

However, I NEVER sent eamils to the email addresses that they are bounce back from!!!  What can I do to stop this?

0 Likes
Re: Bounced back emails I have never sent!
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Jo-Jo ,

This sounds like your email account has been compromised, someone has used it to send spam emails out, and you are receiving those back.

ASAP change you password for the email account to something different, difficult to guess. Change the Secret Questions and Answers for your account security profile. Run virus/spyware/malware scan on your machines.

Once this is done and your email account is secure, you will probably still continue to receive those delivery failed messages for few days until its all filtered out from the spam messages that were sent from your account.

Hope this helps, if you have any other Questions or Concerns, please let us know.

~STA

0 Likes
Jo-Jo2

Ok, just went and changes P Word and security questions.  Yesterday I got almost 2000 + bounced back emails.  I'm keeping y fingers crossed this works!  I'll let you know after a few day!  Appreciate your words of wisdom!

0 Likes
Jo-Jo2

It's just getting WORSE!!  I have received OVER 3000 bounced-back emails since about 6:00 AM this morning.....so it's been about 7-hours and I have received over 3000 emails.  I did go in and change my password and security question about 4-hours ago....but the emails keep coming.  To top that off, whenI try to send emails, I get them bounced back also stating: "The message you attempted to send was determined to be spam. Please visit http://www.verizon.net/spamfaq for more information."  

I completed the form requested last week from Verizon regarding be black-listed.  It seemed to work until today!!! AHHHHHH!!!  SHould I just CHANGE my verizon email?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

SCAN YOUR COMPUTER AND SIGNATURES to make sure you were not compromised at that level.

0 Likes