Can't Connect To Mail Server: "Sending of username did not succeed."
Suicane

Starting about 24 hours ago I began getting this message when trying to get my mail through Thunderbird,

Sending of username did not succeed. Mail server pop.verizon.net responded: [AUTH] Authentication failed

I've fiddled with my settings, tried every tip from googling the issue, and I still can't get or send email. I had zero problems before sitting down at my computer yesterday morning and was hoping it was just a temp issue on verizons end but it's been over a day now and I'm starting to get worried. Any help regarding this error message and whatever issue I may have would be appreciated.

I also tried logging in via webmail on Verizons site but whenever I go to the webmail page it just constantly refreshes, over and over again and I can't do anything.

0 Likes
Re: Can't Connect To Mail Server: "Sending of username did not succeed."
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

In Ask the Community...type Thunderbird

hope you get your problem resolved from one of those postings

I personally do not use Thunderbird

Let us know when you solve your problem ...;with specifics of what solved it.

Best of luck in your research

0 Likes
Suicane

Tried that. Trust me, I've googled, searched, and tried every fix to every problem posted that was remotely similar to my issue before I posted, still nothing though. Just didn't work, out of the blue. Very frustrated, but appreciate your reply.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Make sure you restore everything to the default settings

Most likely

pop server pop.verizon.net,995,ssl paasword required in clear text

smtp server smtp.verizon.net, 465,ssl password required in clear text

0 Likes
JWK
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you get this problem resolved?  I have the same problem with the Mac OUTLOOK client.  It keeps failing authentication. I've reset the parameters over and over again with no change.  The only way to get my mail is from the web site which is very inconvenient.

JK

0 Likes