Can't Forward from Subaccounts after Switching to "Your Domain"
vzfix

I recently moved and had to cancel my Verizon service, but I kept my email accounts through Your Domain. My primary and secondary addresses will forward to my main email address, but my subaccounts won't.

There are two places to change the forwarding settings: in the subdomain account (Settings tab > Email Settings > Forwarding):

and in MyVerizon (Profile > Account Settings > Verizon Email Address > Email Forwarding):

My recollection is that I had to change both of these to get forwarding to work when I had an account. Canceling the account deletes the forwarding (according to Vz's info on both pages).

If I now enter a forwarding address in the subaccount, it stays changed. However, if I enter one in Account Settings, I can save it, and I get a message saying it was successful, but as soon as I refresh the page and open the Email Forwarding link, the "Forward my emails to" address fields are blank and the box is unchecked.

I’ve called customer service and tech support numbers, and I get passed to a rep who's unable to address the problem, because I’m technically no longer a customer and he can't see my account. So, if someone from Verizon is reading this:

1. Is forwarding supposed to work for Your Domain customers? All the forwarding functions are there and seem to be active. If so, why does it work with primary and secondary addresses but not subaccounts?

2. Bonus question: Why do we have to set forwarding in two places instead of just one?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Any Verizon reps? Moderator? Admin?
vzfix

Hi,

I posted this morning but no one has replied:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Can-t-Forward-from-Subaccounts-after-Switching-to-quo...

Would appreciate your help forwarding this to an agent (mentioned in some other posts), since no one in tech support seems to be able to do anything about it.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Any Verizon reps? Moderator? Admin?
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're primarily talking to other customers here.  If you want a response from Verizon, you need to call or chat with them.

Personally, I don't know much about Verizon's email system as I don't use it for much.  There are many better email solutions available for low or no cost.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
Re: Any Verizon reps? Moderator? Admin?
vzfix

Thanks, but I see a number of posts answered by a moderator or admin who says, "Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent." I'm waiting for one of them to cruise by here.

0 Likes
Re: Can't Forward from Subaccounts after Switching to "Your Domain"
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi vzfix,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes