Can't access Verizon/Yahoo e-mail
Wawaweewah1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I haven't been able to access my Verizon/Yahoo e-mail for my main e-mail address since 12/14/17.  I've been on 2 lengthy chat sessions on this problem and heard that there was an outage that affected many other users.  One time I was told that access should be restored by 2PM on 12/16 however it wasn't.  I was then told that the problem would be resolved by 2P on 12/17.  At this time, I'm still not able to connect.

The strange thing is that all my sub-account users were never locked out of their e-mail at all.

Each time I try to login, I end up in an endless loop.  I sign in to check my mail and I'm taken to this web page every time - https://www.verizon.com/foryourhome/myaccount/pr/dashboard/details. There used to be a link for checking your e-mail under the My Verizon column, but that link doesn't exist anymore. 

To make matters worse, my e-mail access problem actually started at the end of October 2017 when I switched my wireless carier to Verizon.  Since I used dual verification for Verizon/Yahoo access, it didn't work due to the change in carriers.  I then got rid of the dual verification setting but that knocked me out of being able to access my e-mail altogether. The only alternative was for me to use webmail.verizon.com, however that isn't available now.

Totally frustrating.

Re: Can't access Verizon/Yahoo e-mail
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Wawaweewah,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Can't access Verizon/Yahoo e-mail (part 2)
Wawaweewah1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I thought I'd start a new message since I can't add anything more to my original post, as it's locked, and because my profile doesn't have a link to my support cases anymore.  Unfortunately I don't think it will matter anyway since the end result will be a recurring message of having support say that Yahoo engineers are working on the problem.  This problem has existed since mid-December 2017.  I've tried all the solutions presented to me to no avail.  Unfortunately there are still some old e-mails I need to access.  Here is my original post

I haven't been able to access my Verizon/Yahoo e-mail for my main e-mail address since 12/14/17.  I've been on 2 lengthy chat sessions on this problem and heard that there was an outage that affected many other users.  One time I was told that access should be restored by 2PM on 12/16 however it wasn't.  I was then told that the problem would be resolved by 2P on 12/17.  At this time, I'm still not able to connect.

The strange thing is that all my sub-account users were never locked out of their e-mail at all.

Each time I try to login, I end up in an endless loop.  I sign in to check my mail and I'm taken to this web page every time - https://www.verizon.com/foryourhome/myaccount/pr/dashboard/details. There used to be a link for checking your e-mail under the My Verizon column, but that link doesn't exist anymore. 

To make matters worse, my e-mail access problem actually started at the end of October 2017 when I switched my wireless carier to Verizon.  Since I used dual verification for Verizon/Yahoo access, it didn't work due to the change in carriers.  I then got rid of the dual verification setting but that knocked me out of being able to access my e-mail altogether. The only alternative was for me to use webmail.verizon.com, however that isn't available now.

Totally frustrating.

Last month I posted this as a reply on another topic:

This problem has been going on for me since 12/14/17 and the only response I keep getting is Yahoo is working on this, over and over and over again.  I can't believe this is something that can't be fixed by now. 

When this e-mail access problem initially happened I couldn't get my Amtrak e-ticket for my trip from NY to Philadelphia which was e-mailed to my Verizon / Yahoo e-mail account.  I almost missed the train because of this and if I did, I would have needed to wait  until the following day to get the next train.  Fortunately an Amtrak customer service agent was able to help me in time.

Good luck to anyone else that has this same problem.

0 Likes
Re: Can't access Verizon/Yahoo e-mail (part 2)
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.

0 Likes