Can't get Verizon email while connected to Time Warner
RogerKW
Enthusiast - Level 1

I haven't been able to use Outlook on my work desktop to access my Verizon email since around Sept. 23 - my internet provider here is Time Warner Cable.  No problems at home (FiOS) and on my iPhone.  Settings are all the same so I know it's not a settings issue and I can access Verizon webmail no problem.  I know others have had a similar issue but I can't find any solution.  Any updates?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't get Verizon email while connected to Time Warner
RogerKW
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon would like me to accept your reply as a "solution."  Your reply is helpful and probably true.  But it ain't a solution!  I'm getting sick of using webmail.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
pfps
Enthusiast - Level 3

See the other posts on similar issues. 

It appears that Verizon is restricting access to their email servers, but, as you might expect, not telling anyone that they are doing this.

RogerKW
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon would like me to accept your reply as a "solution."  Your reply is helpful and probably true.  But it ain't a solution!  I'm getting sick of using webmail.  Thanks.

0 Likes
mprince2
Enthusiast - Level 3

THIS IS NOT SOLVED!!!!

Verizon is blacklisting IP addresses so they cannot connect to pop.verizon.net

See this post:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/No-response-from-pop-verizon-net-or-smtp-verizon-net/...

0 Likes
sbhtax
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is solved. DO THE FOLLOWING. IT WILL WORK. See "limarie" posts after she followed my advice.

I called tech support and asked them to research the Verizon email server problem. I then asked them to set up a repair ticket to check my IP ( I gave it to them)address to see if it was restricted. If so, please have them release the restriction. The repair ticket was attached to my account and I was able to monitor its progress. After 24 hours the repair ticket status indicated IP address was clear. My email was then back to normal. No settings on my computer needed to be changed. Don't let the Verizon reps tell you they can't do it. If they do, ask for a supervisor. Don't get off the line until you have the repair ticket number.

To find your individual IP address, type in "what is my IP address" in the address bar of your browser. (omit quotes).

0 Likes
mprince2
Enthusiast - Level 3

taxman23,

I did do that, I say your post and followed your exact instructions and this was the result.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/No-response-from-pop-verizon-net-or-smtp-verizon-net/...

The tech people on the phone were completely unaware of the problem, insisting that it was a problem with outlook even though I showed her and read to her your forum post verbatim.

0 Likes
sbhtax
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did you get them to write up a repair ticket? If not, it won't get fixed. You can't take no for an anser.

0 Likes
NotHappy310

I have spent hours and hours on line with Verizon.  I asked to be white listed and was directed to a webpage.  I filled out the form & got reply below, which essentially blames Time Warner for the problem, and asks me to ask them to resolve the issue!  Incredible!  

Thank you for contacting Verizon Online Security. In order to resolve your issue, Verizon Online Security has attempted to contact the company or domain for which you were having problems receiving email. Once Verizon Online Security has received contact from the 3rd party, we will work with them to resolve the issue in a timely manner. In order to assist us and to expedite the process, you may wish to contact the company or domain on your own behalf. Please direct the appropriate party to www.verizon.net/whitelist to submit their information for research and consideration. Sincerely, Verizon Online Security http://www2.verizon.net/policies abuse@verizon.net

Reply emails bounced.  This is not a Time Warner issue, as this and so many other threads have so amply demonstrated.

(And no, no one at tech support would give me a repair ticket number.  They seemed completely ignorant of the whole matter.)
0 Likes
StevenT1

Has anyone solved the issue? Mine still is not working. When im on my verizon ISP i can access through outlook my verizon email. But when i am on Timewarner it does not work. I got a ticket number, and they are just telling me everthing is fine on their end. Same with Timewarner. Problem is still not solved. Can anyone HELP?

i have the correct port numbers and everything, did the whole screen share thing, verizon and timewarner cannot solve this issue, neither did Microsoft. 

0 Likes