Can't receive e-mail from comcast.net users
marro

For approximately 6 weeks, I have not been able to receive e-mail messages from friends of mine--husband & wife who share a comcast account with separate e-mail addresses.  We have spent an outrageous amount of time trying to locate the problem through our respective Apple stores & through comcast & verizon.  In the process, my friends have discovered that two other separate friends of theirs with verizon servers suddenly cannot receive messages from them either.  We have finally narrowed the problem to the probability that verizon is filtering the two related comcast e-mail addresses in a way which cannot be detected on our verizon e-mail pages.  I have been told by verizon tech support that their investigation does not find the many messages which my friends have sent me.  Can anyone explain where to look for these messages & how to remove my friends' e-mail addresses from the verizon filter?

0 Likes
Re: Can't receive e-mail from comcast.net users
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@marro wrote:

For approximately 6 weeks, I have not been able to receive e-mail messages from friends of mine--husband & wife who share a comcast account with separate e-mail addresses.  We have spent an outrageous amount of time trying to locate the problem through our respective Apple stores & through comcast & verizon.  In the process, my friends have discovered that two other separate friends of theirs with verizon servers suddenly cannot receive messages from them either.  We have finally narrowed the problem to the probability that verizon is filtering the two related comcast e-mail addresses in a way which cannot be detected on our verizon e-mail pages.  I have been told by verizon tech support that their investigation does not find the many messages which my friends have sent me.  Can anyone explain where to look for these messages & how to remove my friends' e-mail addresses from the verizon filter?

Are the senders getting any type of error? If they are blacklisted, only they will get anything indicating the failure, as the message is never allowed into Verizons systems to begin with.

If they are not, you should check your settings:

On the My Account page:
1. Mail Forwarding - Make sure it says "Off"
2. Email Storage - Make sure this is at less than 99%

In Mail under My Settings (can be accessed from your Inbox):
1. Blocking - Make sure that you do not have the sender's address/domain in your Blocked Senders list. (You can also try adding their address to the Safe Senders list.)
2. Filters - Make sure that all of your filters are set up correctly. Be especially wary of "not" filters. (Ex: If subject does not contain spam then automatically delete.)
3. Spam Detector - On the Setup tab, set this to save the messages to your SpamDetector folder, then check for the missing messages there.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes