Can't send to Hotmail?
oldtech1

After changing incoming & outgoing port numbers (995/465) and adding SSL, I tested incoming and outgoing mail using Thunderbird as my mail client and all was well (or so I thought). Outgoing test emails to domains like Gmail, Fastmail or Mochamail all sent OK.

I then attempted to send to 3 different Hotmail addresses and all attempts to these addresses failed with no error or bounce-back alerts. I restored Thunderbird settings to their previous values - but still couldn't send to Hotmail. Finally, I accessed Verizon web mail and tried to send to Hotmail and experienced the same result - no error, no bounce-back and no email received in the Hotmail accounts.

What gives? is Hotmail blocking Verizon or Verizon filtering Hotmail?

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Can't send to Hotmail?
tns
Master - Level 2

Midday 1/5 to about midmorning 1/6 they had lots of problems with the email servers handling SSL.  They seem to be working again.

0 Likes
oldtech1

Thank you for your reply but I am still completely unable to send from Verizon to Hotmail.

Using other SMTP servers (Gmail, Fastmail) or other web-based mail mail services, I am able to send to the same Hotmail accounts without problems.

No outgoing mail service to Hotmail,using Verizon's SMTP or web mail - PERIOD. No error message or bounce-back either. Outgoing to Hotmail are seemingly swallowed up into a black hole.

Has anyone else tried this?

0 Likes
troubles1

I just tried this and the message went through without a problem.

I'm using Windows Live Mail as my client for verizon email accounts. I use the web for hotmail.

0 Likes