Cannot Access Webmail Signon or Webmail When in India
PaulN3

I have tried on several occasions to sign onto my webmail account using the URL http://webmail.verizon.com/signin/Login.jsp?auth=t.  Sometimes I can get the logon sceen, but often I get the error message "You are not allowed to connect to Webmail from [xxx..xx.xxx] due to spam activity. Please contact abuse@verizon.net for assistance." where xxx.xx.xxx is the IP address of my ISP provider.

This happened today both from my work location, and at the hotel I am staying at in India.  Some days I can access webmail, other days I cannot.  I can also go to verizon.net and sign on to my account, but when I try to get to the e-mail from there, I get the same message.  So this is happening both before I sign on and after.

A Chat Live agent told me it was my connection, but I said I can get to any other site, including Verizon.  It is just the webmail service that seems to be affected, and the message seems to relate to spam activity.  So I am still out of luck trying to access my e-mail overseas.  Any advice?

0 Likes
Re: Cannot Access Webmail Signon or Webmail When in India
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry to hear about the problems with accessing your email from abroad. Our efforts to thwart the spam epidemic is to not allow verified spammers access to our email site. This is not a problem with your account, its with the connection you are using. Since spammers often use multiple accounts, they are identified by their IP address. If your computer connection happens to use the IP address used by a spammer, it will deny access.

0 Likes
sbnjb
So what is the solution to this issue?? I'm having thebsame issue with my webmail login in Baja, Mexico. There must be a way to allow access to my webmail account.
0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe Verizon recommends using their Verizon MY FIOS app.

see

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Email-Access-Overseas/td-p/744863

0 Likes