Cannot activate AOL email account
LDesiano
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received an email telling me that I have to move all my accounts to AOL by tomorrow,

The email says Go to webmail.verizon.com and sign into your account.

Simply click on  "Get Started" to begin.

Sounds easy enough, but after I log in I can not find "Get Started" anywhere and none of the FAQs explain how to get started.

What am I missing?

0 Likes
Re: Cannot activate AOL email account
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

It sould show up when you go to the my verizon email tab.or http://webmail.verizon.com .  NOte if you go and still see your mail THEN you are not yet migrated. 

0 Likes
cpollock1

so, i got the same thing, an email saying if i don't activate on AOL by the 14th (tomorrow), access to my email will be restricted. if i click theverizon webmail link provided, it just takes me to my email. no notices and no links. same goes if i sign into my verizon. there are no notices there either. i have no idea how to do this. can i do it from aol directly?

0 Likes
cpollock1

ok, after logging in 7 times, i got the splash screen. however none of the emails in any of my subfolders transfered. they are all gone. i have all empty subfolders, and those emails are not in the generic inbox.  this better not be unfixable..

even my sent folder is empty...

below is a clip from the FAQ, regarding the move...

Do I need to back up my email before it gets moved to AOL?

No. We will move all of your verizon.net messages, folders, and contacts to AOL so you will have all of your content as soon as you register and accept the AOL Terms of Service.

0 Likes
cpollock1

update, a couple hours later, the folders are populating... my contacts are not there yet, so we'll keep an eye out, 

0 Likes
jhub2

I am having the same problem.  Did you get a solution?  

0 Likes