Changing Email Address
joybird1

I am thoroughly frustrated after dealing with Verizon Customer Service.  I have tried to

change my email address due to foreign hackers obtaining the address I've used for

years and trying to scam me.  I want this to stop and thought if I just changed my email

address everything else would remain the same.  I changed the primary email in my

account profile to my new address and was told that an email had been sent to that address

to verify the new information.  I, however, have not been able to find that address to log

into it.  "Where did it go?"  I've talked to two Verizon Indian customer service people that

I could not understand and neither one could give me a satisfactory solution to this problem.

What should have been a simple name change has turned into beginning over again with

a new email account (which is not easy for someone my age).  In the meantime I've

received another email from the scammers who may decide to destroy my computer or

something else...who knows.  I can still only get into the old account and can't verify the

new one.  This is not satisfactory at all. 

0 Likes
Re: Changing Email Address
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@joybird wrote:

I am thoroughly frustrated after dealing with Verizon Customer Service.  I have tried to

change my email address due to foreign hackers obtaining the address I've used for

years and trying to scam me.  I want this to stop and thought if I just changed my email

address everything else would remain the same.  I changed the primary email in my

account profile to my new address and was told that an email had been sent to that address

to verify the new information.  I, however, have not been able to find that address to log

into it.  "Where did it go?"  I've talked to two Verizon Indian customer service people that

I could not understand and neither one could give me a satisfactory solution to this problem.

What should have been a simple name change has turned into beginning over again with

a new email account (which is not easy for someone my age).  In the meantime I've

received another email from the scammers who may decide to destroy my computer or

something else...who knows.  I can still only get into the old account and can't verify the

new one.  This is not satisfactory at all. 

An end user can't change their primary email address username. Verizon accounts don't work that way. Verizon in most cases won't even change it.

Did you maybe create a sub account or an alias?

0 Likes
Re: Changing Email Address
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes