Chronic e-mail signin problem cured by "account reset"
CraigBolon

Verizon personnel have been making changes to e-mail causing signin problems--since at least February, 2016, until now: June, 2016. So far, there have been four severe e-mail outages--lasting a day or more. Other customers have reported these problems, too:
https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Log-in-does-not-take-me-to-email/td-p/817245
When you try to sign in to Verizon Webmail from https://webmail.verizon.net/signin/ your credentials may be accepted, but you do not get to the e-mail message display page. That is the symptom of the problems. Instead, you may get to the My Verizon page, offering to sell you equipment and services, or you may get a second signin page with the title "Sign in to My Verizon." You never get to a page that displays e-mail messages.
When the problems occur, signin pages may ask for a "security code" read from a blurry image, in addition to a password. That is a sure sign that your account has the disease, but we have also had the signin problems when no "security code" was involved. Different accounts may or may not have problems at the same time. In one case, my e-mail account had the problems, but my wife's e-mail account, using the same DSL service, did not have the problems. In another case, both those e-mail accounts had the problems at the same time.
The problems do not appear to be specific to browsers or to operating systems. Our problems were found when using Internet Explorer 11, but other customers have reported similar problems when using Firefox and Chrome.
Calling the support line, 800-837-4966 from the United States, most customer service staff you may speak with
will not know about the problems, and some may deny that Verizon has made changes to its software. In order to get useful help, you will need to be persistent and ask customer support to "escalate" the trouble ticket to someone with access to technical personnel.
You will probably need to do this twice and get to the "third level" of customer support staff. The difference at the "third level" is that they stop asking pre-scripted questions and start investigating what has gone wrong. When you reach this level of support, ask for an "account reset." Among other things, that involves assigning a new password, which your customer service agent will specify and which you will later be able to change.
After an "account reset" arranged by Shuma, a third level customer support agent, our problems were instantly cured, and the Webmail signin worked normally. By arrangement, Shuma called back the next day and verified that the problems remained cured. After an "account reset," from the Webmail message display page, you can go to the My Verizon page, and there you can change account settings using "Profile" in the left-side menu bar. At the least, you will probably want to change the account password back to what you prefer.

0 Likes