Compromised account
skimac22

My Yahoo account which is linked for my Verizon email was hacked over a year ago.    It is sending spam from my account regularly.   To the point where I no longer can use any of my Verizon email accounts, my friends are being deluged with this stuff, and even my work address book has been hit.    I have spent about 10 hours in phone calls with verizon and yahoo (yahoo just sends me back to verizon) and still have nothing resolved.    If you click on the Compromised account button, it says it will send link to reset password and lists and email address that is not even mine.    I get messges from yahoo about suspicious activty on my account every evening to the point where I have had to silence texts on my phone so I can sleep.  When I call and speak to someone there do not have enough IT knowledge to even assist me.   

I have tracked other user names somehow linked to my account and given those to them, I forwarded tons and tons of the spam their spam email address.   And still nothing has been done.  I even asked that they just DELETE the account and still nothing.   So is my only solution to cancel Verizon completely?

I am frustrated that Verizon cannot help a good customer that has entire account, TV, internet, wireless with them.   Any help, suggestions, contact info would be so MUCH appreciated!!!  

0 Likes
Re: Compromised account
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@good2mac wrote:

My Yahoo account which is linked for my Verizon email was hacked over a year ago.    It is sending spam from my account regularly.   To the point where I no longer can use any of my Verizon email accounts, my friends are being deluged with this stuff, and even my work address book has been hit.    I have spent about 10 hours in phone calls with verizon and yahoo (yahoo just sends me back to verizon) and still have nothing resolved.    If you click on the Compromised account button, it says it will send link to reset password and lists and email address that is not even mine.    I get messges from yahoo about suspicious activty on my account every evening to the point where I have had to silence texts on my phone so I can sleep.  When I call and speak to someone there do not have enough IT knowledge to even assist me.   

I have tracked other user names somehow linked to my account and given those to them, I forwarded tons and tons of the spam their spam email address.   And still nothing has been done.  I even asked that they just DELETE the account and still nothing.   So is my only solution to cancel Verizon completely?

I am frustrated that Verizon cannot help a good customer that has entire account, TV, internet, wireless with them.   Any help, suggestions, contact info would be so MUCH appreciated!!!  

Are you able to access the account or not? If not, you need to get Verizon tech support to reset your password so you can get in and change the settings. If so, you should be able to change the settings for where password reset emails go, etc.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If this is a Verizon Yahoo! account they can most certainly help with this. The first step, though, is to get your password reset. If you don't have access to MyVerizon or the Yahoo account you will need to call in and verify that you are the account owner first, before they can reset the password. Verizon can and will do this for you.

Now if this is a personal Yahoo account that you made prior to joining the Verizon e-mail address to the account, you may be better off contacting Yahoo Customer Care instead. They won't be able to help you out if this is a Verizon Yahoo account, but here is their information: https://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=UTF-8&fr=crmas&p=Yahoo+Customer+Care

Also, be aware that as of late, a lot of e-mail spam has been due to spoofing as free mail providers increasingly tighten their watch on their mail accounts.

0 Likes
bruteforce1
Enthusiast - Level 3

dont' open attachments or click on links.verizon is not your friend trust me they are a big part of the spam problem.

0 Likes