30 days ago all of my Verizon.net email accounts started to request the password. After entering the password I get the email. Then without exiting out of Outlook the next push of email requires the password to be entered again. I've verified all of the passwords are correct by logging in through Webmail and again thought Outlook. I have exhausted every potential fix from Microsoft and have proven this is a Verizon issue. I have two other email domains one being Gmail and the other is from my website which is a .com and these do not require a password each time I receive or send email.
Anyone have any ideas? I hate to call the support number since you end up with script readers and go through the same process I've seen listed in tis forum. This one looks like something for the level 2 or 3 support team.
You really didn't think you'd get an answer. I've had the same problem, searched all over for an answere to no success, got no answer from any forum. Verizon, like so many other 'services' has come to the conclusion that since they have monopolies in many areas that they can hide behind automated/roboanswer systems.
Well, I am joining the crowd of displeased users. I have used several verizon.net email accounts on mobile devices successfully for years. Since Verizon updated their password requirements awhile ago I have been required to re-enter my pass word on a daily basis. And, can't get any tech help to solve the issue.
Same here so I did change my password (about a month ago) and made sure that my password was insync with all of my electronic devices (Kindle and phone). Now I am requested to input both my incoming and outgoing passwords on laptop, which has Outlook 2010, several times during use.
I also receive an email notification on my phone service (not Verizon but Consumer Celluar (AT&T)) that states "Couldn't sign in." I receive this annoying message several times a day even though I have set my phone to not notify me of email messages. When I look at my Outlook messages via my phone, they are all there. Annoying on all accounts!
I found on another forum that this is due to a confict between old and new passwords and to to a diskclean. Didn't work for me.
I have been experiencing this same issue for the past couple of months. As with other comments above, I have been unsuccessful getting a resolution. I have logged this issue with Verizon as well with no response. Having been a Verizon customer for many yearsw with no issues this particularly bothersome. If anyone finds a solution, PLEASE post it.
i just spent 90 minutes on phone with tech support; could not figure out the problem; supposedly sent my problem to the "Escalation Section." Not holding my breath that a solution will be forthcoming. I was told that since there is only a handful of people with the problem, probably won't get much attention. We can only hope.
It happens with IE and Google Chrome; even reset IE to default settings and that did not help. 90 minutes of my life I will never get back!
Just started about a month ago with me as well. Happens on both my phone and my wife's phone. Tried to use support livechat to get an answer and it crashed after 30 minutes waiting for someone to arrive. **bleep** Verizon? What did you break a month ago? Please find an answer as I am really sick of "Sign-in failed." only to have it work fine without issue. I guess it could be worse if it actually didn't download the emails.
To those of you who obsessively type in your password, that used to be me, but now I never type it in and i still get all my email.
I would suggest that anyone having this issue verify they have updated their servers to the NEW server settings of pop.verizon.net / smtp.verizon.net instead of the old incoming/outgoing servers.
For the sake of example, we are going to pretend that we are setting up fictional account "email@example.com" and the password for logging into that account in webmail is "fakepassword" - Again, this is a fictitious account for the sake of an example.
The settings for using Verizon's servers would be:
Incoming Server: pop.verizon.net
Server Requires Authentication: Yes
Requires a Secure Connection (SSL): Yes
Outgoing Server: smtp.verizon.net
Server Requires Authentication: Yes (You can set it to use the same settings as incoming, or manually enter the username and password.)
Requires a Secure Connection (SSL): Yes
If you are given the option anywhere for Secure Password Authentication (SPA), set it to No or Normal
These settings should work unless you have a Verizon/Yahoo account, in which case the server names are: incoming.yahoo.verizon.net -and- outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net
If all of that is set up and it's still not working, your best bet is to provide a screenshot of your settings (with personal information blocked/removed) and any errors you are getting.
Thanks for email setup. I have had problems with my smartphone's email app quite frequently in 2014. Part of the problem is that my smartphone is no longer supported and Google sold the Motorola product/business division to Lenovo. Along with my OS is no longer supported.
Ugh! Initially, I was doubtful that your suggestion would work. But, I tried it with success. Then, I waited a couple of days to see if it really did the trick, and it did. No more problems with Outlook on laptop, phone (couldn't sign in) or Kindle. Great!
Then, I went to reply to your post, forgot my Verizon password, and created a new one. Now, I have the problem all over. I'm searching out how to clear my cache, which I had also done previously.
So, I think the answer is two-pronged. Change incoming and outgoing mail setup to the new settings and erase all previous passwords. I'm so mad at myself for forgetting my password and having to go through all this again! 😞