Corporate webmail >>> not working with Verizon FIOS >>works everywhere else
NavyEagle1
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, I know port 25 is blocked by Verizon.

But since I have switched to Verizon FIOS, my corporate webmail does not connect.

Does anyone know how to get this to work?

Thanks

Scott

P.S.. My corporate webmail works from anywhere else I connect.  Cellophane, Hotels etc.

So is there a way to get it to work?

example

https://webmail.corperate.com/owa/

0 Likes
Re: Corporate webmail ... not working - Check URL
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@NavyEagle wrote:

... my corporate webmail does not connect.

https://webmail.corperate.com/owa/ 

Please check this address.  Possibly misspelled or otherwise incorrect. 

0 Likes
NavyEagle1
Enthusiast - Level 2

The url is / was not correct as it was not expected to be an accurate one. It was used as a for instance address. 

The problem is not connecting to it, but the return smtp <<< pretty sure as I do get the login info request window. 

I then errors out with a 401 error. I have checked with my exchange person and we both feel this is a Verizon blocking port issue. Otherwise I  / we or anyone using the corperate email would have the same issue. 

The issue only has occured while using Verizon FIOS. 

The other interesting part is that on some rare occutions it does work. But that is only rarely does it work. 

Thanks for any help.

Here is the real url   https://webmail.jsitelecom.us  

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@NavyEagle wrote:
FIRST POST:

... since I have switched to Verizon FIOS, my corporate webmail does not connect.

SECOND POST:

... The problem is not connecting to it, but the return smtp ... I do get the login info request window ... 

.. .this is a Verizon blocking port issue ... issue only has occured while using Verizon FIOS. 

... on some rare occutions it does work ...

Here is the real url   https://webmail.jsitelecom.us  

In your initial post you state you cannot connect.  In your second post you state you can connect.  Also in your second post you state that you can log in "on rare occutions."

Like you, I am using Verizon FiOS Internet.  I just tried the URL you listed and I get the login screen.  Of course I cannot log in without credentials.  However since you are sometimes successful, and presuming you have not changed any Verizon settings in the meantime, your problems are unlikely to be related to your Verizon Internet service.

Without specifics on your equipment and connection type, detailed settings for all equipment, software and network components involved, etc., it's difficult to proceed much further, other than to note that connection via web browser to your corporate mail server is unrelated to any ports blocked by Verizon.

NavyEagle1
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, then why did it never have a problem with Comcast and only since switching to Verizon does the problem happen so much? 

Connections question reponce has nothing to do with it. (nice try,)  

If this was my exchange issue then others would be having the same issue. My Cellphone webmail would not be working also. I would not be able to connect at a hotel etc

The thought is that some of the routers that Verizon is using is the issue and that they are setup to block the SMTP return request that is required. It is believed that I am able to connect sometimes, because some of the Verizon routers have not been upgraded toblock the SMTP request and the connection works then.

I know that there is a way around the port issue, I just have not figured it out yet. 

0 Likes
Re: Corporate webmail ... not working - Additional Information Is Required
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@NavyEagle wrote:

... If this was my exchange issue then others would be having the same issue. My Cellphone webmail would not be working also. I would not be able to connect at a hotel etc

The thought is that some of the routers that Verizon is using is the issue and that they are setup to block the SMTP return request that is required. It is believed that I am able to connect sometimes, because some of the Verizon routers have not been upgraded toblock the SMTP request and the connection works then ... 

Sorry if my tests of your URLs to solve your issue were not satisfactory.  That happens but of course I'm well aware that (1) there are limits to my knowledge, and (2) often there's not much one can do with the information provided.

For example, try as I might I'm simply unable to determine what this statement means:

" ... some of the Verizon routers have not been upgraded toblock the SMTP request and the connection works then ..."

Earlier I stated:

"Without specifics on your equipment and connection type, detailed settings for all equipment, software and network components involved, etc., it's difficult to proceed much further ..."

That situation still exists.  If you would like the volunteers here to make helpful suggestions, you must supply complete information on the issue.  You still have not indicated the details of your equipment, which equipment works, which doesn't, how you are connected when it works, how you are connected when it doesn't, etc.

That's about all I can say with any degree of confidence.  I hope you are able to resolve your issue to your satisfaction, and  good luck.  Also, you may want to look at this post on how to get the most out of the forums.  Point Four seems particularly relevant to the current discussion.

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/General-Residential-Products-and/Is-Verizon-Deleting-Responses/m-p/476...

0 Likes