Corrupted Email - Asked This Question before, trying again...
LadyMac1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I asked this question a while back, but, was not able to get back to the Forums to see if there were any responses (like you needed to know that-sorry).

Anyway, we have a corrupted email that has been there for about a year and a half.  We tried to fix it with both Verizon and Norton with no success.  I have never experienced anything like this before and don't even know anyone who has had this problem. 

I'll try to make this as short as possible.  When you click on the message, it freezes the entire system up and you have to shut down and restart the computer manually.  Everything else is working fine.  We can send and receive messages.  We just have to be careful not to accidentally click on that one.  It's ridiculous and we are really tired of it.

When we last contacted Verizon, the guy I was in contact with was not able to fix it (or didn't want to be bothered) and rudely said "I can't fix this and it is not Verizon's fault.," and then rudely disconnected us.  What a fine example to represent Verizon.

In any case, if anyone knows why this happened and can provide an answer, I am all ears.

Thank you. 

0 Likes
Re: Corrupted Email - Asked This Question before, trying again...
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What program are you using for e-mail, if this is not webmail?

LadyMac1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh sorry.  Good question.  I forgot to mention that.  I have Outlook Express.  Thanks.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Does the message appear only in Outlook Express, or does it show up in webmail as well?

0 Likes
LadyMac1
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is only on the Outllook Express email.

0 Likes
LadyMac1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nothing here either?  What a shocker.  Thanks anyway (I guess).

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@LadyMac wrote:

Nothing here either?  What a shocker.  Thanks anyway (I guess).

#1 At http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Residential-Products-and/ct-p/Residential_Support one of things that it clearly says is

The Verizon Community Forums are where customers help other customers.

#2 People have a life off line.

--

Answays..

Steps that I look.

a) Fom your profile at http://forums.verizon.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/122589 I clicked on View All under Post.

b) From there, I found your older thread at http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Corrupted-email-in-Outlook-that-will-not-go-away-or-r...

c) In that thread, I found at least one answer to your puzzle/issue.

I will repeat the answer here that was posted by Smith6612 

If an Outlook Express message is corrupted, it almost usually means you have to rebuild the Outlook Express profile as the program tends to have database issues whenever the Mail file reaches a certain size. Now if an e-mail is stuck and corrupt, that's another issue that may or may not be size related. If you really don't want to go through the process of rebuilding a profile, you could try running programs that repair Outlook Express data files (many of them are not free anymore), or you could try moving the corrupted message into a folder and deleting the folder itself (which will kill the message).

Anyways, if the message is not in Webmail and Outlook Express is set up to use POP3 to retrieve mail, it's not Verizon's problem. It's a Microsoft problem.

Under his/her reply that they gave, someone else gave another answer too...

LadyMac1
Enthusiast - Level 3

dslr595148 - Thank you for your answer.  I apologize for my flippant response.  I was just feeling frustrated and should have waited until I cooled off before posting.  Lesson learned.

Did you see what the other poster suggested?  I was not able to find it.

I will try these suggestions.  The corrupted message is in the outbox and I am unable move it to another folder

without freezing up the whole system. 

Thanks again for your response. 

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

You are welcome.

They user said (with a slight link correction)

Hi,

It is possible that Outlook Express got corrupt. I request you to locate your outlook Express DBX file. There are high chances that Dbx file got corrupt and Outlook expresss is showing such behaviour. You can recover outlook DBX fille with the help of third party outlook express recovery  tool. In case your problem not get resolved then please reply.

Thanks

Credit goes to Williamsmith (the user who posted that).

By Slight link correction, the user provided a link that said

outlook express recoveryoutlook express recovery

I fixed their link, so it only says outlook express recovery

^^

0 Likes
LadyMac1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for sending the message I couldn't get.  I stated that the corrupted message is in my outbox which was wrong.  It is in my INbox.  Anyway, I will let you know how all turned out.

LadyMac

0 Likes