Delay in email
zazzphone
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am getting a delay in receiving email on Verizon.  Someone will send me an email, and I do not get it until hours later.  I tested it also by sending myself an email and even that is not coming through.  It sends OK, but I never get it.  Help.  This is causing problems.  

0 Likes
Re: Delay in email
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

There are alot of things that need to go into looking into this and would need a few questions answered...

1) how do you send the email (website or email client)

2) whats the domain of the sending emai?

3) how do you check your verizon email (website or email client)

4) is the Verizon account a regular email account or partnered with Yahoo?

Hubrisnxs
Legend

disable your antivirus, or go into the settings for it and look for the email scanning.  this is probably the number 1 cause of delays with email sending and receiving. 

peach9

I'm have also been experiencing problems with my Verizon email service, first time back in March and now again, "delaying" emails
that are forwarded from my website (GoDaddy) email address. I use Vista operating system with Windows mail.  At first I thought it may be a Go Daddy forwarding problem but after having the techs at Go Daddy (can email their tech service very easily) review the  delayed email headers, it apperas the problem is with Verizon's server VMS172073.MAILSRVCS.NET not accepting the forwarded emails from Go Daddy. I've even spoken with a verizon supervisor who assured me he would respond withing 24 hours and 3 days later I haven't hear anything back.  i even filled out Verizon's white list form on the off chance my eamil addresss was being blocked, still haven't heard anything back....maybe because Verizon's replies are also being held up.  Specifically, I am receiving emails as late as 1-6 days after they were originally sent to me by the sender. I would be happy to forward these delayed emails to anyone in Verizon's tech family so they themselves can look at these email headers to see the path that that these emails have followed & where they are getting held up, but I can't seem to get anyone to respond.  CAN ANYONE HELP ME?

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

@peach wrote:

I'm have also been experiencing problems with my Verizon email service, first time back in March and now again, "delaying" emails
that are forwarded from my website (GoDaddy) email address. I use Vista operating system with Windows mail.  At first I thought it may be a Go Daddy forwarding problem but after having the techs at Go Daddy (can email their tech service very easily) review the  delayed email headers, it apperas the problem is with Verizon's server VMS172073.MAILSRVCS.NET not accepting the forwarded emails from Go Daddy. I've even spoken with a verizon supervisor who assured me he would respond withing 24 hours and 3 days later I haven't hear anything back.  i even filled out Verizon's white list form on the off chance my eamil addresss was being blocked, still haven't heard anything back....maybe because Verizon's replies are also being held up.  Specifically, I am receiving emails as late as 1-6 days after they were originally sent to me by the sender. I would be happy to forward these delayed emails to anyone in Verizon's tech family so they themselves can look at these email headers to see the path that that these emails have followed & where they are getting held up, but I can't seem to get anyone to respond.  CAN ANYONE HELP ME?

Peach I am sorry to hear that your emails have been delayed. I have copied your post to our private support board so we can get more specific information about this. Please post all correspondences there from here on out.

0 Likes
sammm1

@Anthony_VZ wrote:

There are alot of things that need to go into looking into this and would need a few questions answered...

1) how do you send the email (website or email client)

2) whats the domain of the sending emai?

3) how do you check your verizon email (website or email client)

4) is the Verizon account a regular email account or partnered with Yahoo?

I just had this happen!  An email was sent yesterday, at 10:17PM.  My email was open, has been open for at least a day before.  Yet I just received it at 3 in the afternoon, the next day.  17 hours later?  The email originated from {edited for privacy}.  This was something which was crucial to have been notified about in a timely manner and is creating hardship.  I am using Microsoft Entourage 12.3.6 on a Macbook, running OS X v10.6.8.  I can't say that this is a repeatable error, as not all email is time sensitive.  How can I not have this happen again?     

0 Likes
Shamous814

Anthony_VZ,

My wife and I have been having this problem for some time now.  It takes a day (sometimes 2) for simple emails to be delivered.  The same emails are delivered instantly to gmail.  I saw a suggestion to disable my firewall, which is not going to happen.  This clearly appears to be a VERIZON issue.  I use Outlook to download all email messages, but the delay is not with Outlook, as I can log onto my Verizon account online and the same delays occur.  (My Outlook downloads it as soon as it hits my Verizon account.)  The email delays are for emails going to and coming from a Virginia.gov account.  How can VERIZON correct these problems.  Thanks.  

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most likely delayed somewhere at or between virginia.gov and verizon.net.  There is pretty much no delay once it hits verizon.net.

0 Likes
abbajal

I'm having the same problem, have had it all day.  Receiving emails 8 hours late.  It is rather frustrating as I have no idea what is still lagging.  Does Verizon have a fix or explanation for this?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Look at the headers attached to the mail.  They will tell you when  each server got the email.  If the servers are Verizon then it may be their problem.  But if not then you need to look elsewhere.

0 Likes