Deleted Sub-Account and have problem with Alias
plml2k
Enthusiast - Level 1

Delete sub-account {edited for privacy} but primary email still uses that sub-account as an alias in "Reply to".

When I send an email and the recipient replies, the reply is rejected with error that {edited for privacy} is flagged as disabled.

I changed the "reply to" in primary to my primary address, but it didn't change the email reply to.

I was working with Live Chat but didn't get a resolution before my PC hung 😞  Live chat was offline by the time I restarted. Any ideas?

I did see a post that said not to delete aliases (too late). Won't let me reuse the sub-account name {edited for privacy}. Caught between a rock and a hard place.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Deleted Sub-Account and have problem with Alias
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

plml2k,

We have taken care of this issue for you. The sub account is restored.

Thanks,

Todd

View solution in original post

Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

plml2k,

We have taken care of this issue for you. The sub account is restored.

Thanks,

Todd

plml2k
Enthusiast - Level 1
Thanks Todd for the quick response. Appears to be fixed.
0 Likes
jrfp1

I have a similar problem, or perhaps the same problem embedded in a stack of other issues.  A sub-account with a name I've used for years was deleted w/o my knowledge and then made as an alias to the main account.  I have several subaccounts.  Domain Services says the only way for them to preserve an e-mail that is presently an alias is to have it assigned as the proper name of a subaccount.  So the first issue I have is that I want to preserve this e-mail alias.

In addition to this, I want to preserve all the rest of the e-mail addresses and contents and give them to another party that very much wants them and will continue FIOS at this address.  Some of the e-mails the other party wants are actually aliases to these subaccounts.  The other party could take everything in a simple transfer if there were some way for me to get my alias detached from the account.  I can forward all my e-mail out first.

I've spent over 12 hours on customer phone support at various parts of Verizon or domain services.  I've heard all kinds of stories about aliases.  They are gone forever when they're deleted, they go away for six months, they go away for 10 years, they pass over to the Domain folks (who consistently say that's not true), that there's something special about an alias to a main account that makes it harder or impossible to work with.

I don't have a residence to start Verizon service at yet.

If there's some way to transfer the alias I want to the subaccount of another Verizon customer, I have someone who would agree.  I'd want to know that I could then transfer it back to me when I have a residence and can resume Verizon service.  Then I'd just allow service to be transferred to the interested party who made the mess.

If I could create a fresh main account with the alias I want as the proper name, have domain services take that and let the interested party have the existing account lock stock and barrel w/o my alias the other party could also inherit the mess.

I can live with a solution that would preserve all the e-mail addresses in some form, e.g. aliases that I could transfer to the other party.  I'd need to be sure that I knew the proper procedure for transferring the aliases, e.g. does it have to be done before domain services gets the account (which would also require having two simultaneous Verizon accounts.)  I want to be absolutely sure I don't do something that causes someone to permanently lose an e-mail address or e-mail contents they want.

Note that the one e-mail address that I could deal with losing is the proper e-mail to the existing primary account.  As best I can see no one sends anything there on purpose.

I'm hoping a moderator can help me with this.

Thanks.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello jrfp1

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
letreacy

Forgot sub account password and could not reset it.

My dad deleted the sub-account accidentally and it says the account is now locked permanently because of too many failed password attempts.

I did see a post that said not to delete aliases (too late). Won't let me reuse the sub-account name {edited for privacy}. Caught between a rock and a hard place.

Can you (verizon) please restore it?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi letreacy,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
KenNosporb

Hello  - A sub-account and alias were deleted yesterday and I need them restored. Call center was not helpful. How can I get this done? Please help as this is urgent.

Thank you,

Ken]

0 Likes
cdenton23

How can I reactivate a sub account that was deleted? I need it to be able to get email at that address.

0 Likes