Deleting e-mail problems
magpie8

Hi, For months I have had a problem when deleting e-mails w/o having to open them. I used to be able to go down each e-mail and check it off to be deleted, hit delete and it was gone. For months now, when I check off the ones I want deleted,  they stay in my my inbox and e-mails I have not checked to be deleted, are deleted. I have to then go in my trash and put the e-mails I wanted to keep, back in my inbox. Gets very annoying. I don't have time to open 100 e-mailseveryday, when I know it's just junk. Hope someone can help me. Thanks...

0 Likes
Re: Deleting e-mail problems
teacher15

Can only delete if open the email.  Can't use box to check for delete.

0 Likes
KCinRVA

I have a similar problem: I check the boxes for messages to be deleted, and nothing happens. However, if I repeat the proces 2-3 (or sometimes 4-5 times!), the checked messages will eventually be deleted, regardless of whether they were opened. This is a real problem with Verizon. I switched from Comcast 3 months ago and regret the decision simply because of the multiple problems with e-mail, which is the service I use most.

0 Likes
BanditZ1

I am having difficulty deleting e-mails without opening them.  They just will NOT delete!  Those that I delete after opening may or may not delete.  HELP!!!!!    I am ready to change!

0 Likes
aplblsm

This "feature" is one of the most annoying things about webmail.  I have lost a whole lot of important email messages because of this.  I am considering changing to a more reliable email service if they don't fix this and soon!

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I had that problem and then I switched my web browser.  turned out it was a problem with internet explorer.   I use Google chrome and firefox now. 

0 Likes