Deleting emails on iphone & Verizon server
mitchman22

Is there a way. If I delete emails when on laptop and logged into Verizon email account so they don't show on my Iphone 4. I also have the Verizon email account setup on Iphone, so when I delete from Iphone I want them to delete from the Verizon server. It is very frustrating to still have them on either one after I have deleted on Verizon email via laptop or deleted from Iphone. I don't want to have to delete them twice. It seems that if you delete from either the laptop or Iphone they should be moved to the trash folder. If there is not away, then I guess I will go to Gmail as I hear it can be done on your Gmail account. If you delete from one, it should delete from the other RIGHT AWAY one would think.

0 Likes
Re: Deleting emails on iphone & Verizon server
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@mitchman22 wrote:

Is there a way. If I delete emails when on laptop and logged into Verizon email account so they don't show on my Iphone 4. I also have the Verizon email account setup on Iphone, so when I delete from Iphone I want them to delete from the Verizon server. It is very frustrating to still have them on either one after I have deleted on Verizon email via laptop or deleted from Iphone. I don't want to have to delete them twice. It seems that if you delete from either the laptop or Iphone they should be moved to the trash folder. If there is not away, then I guess I will go to Gmail as I hear it can be done on your Gmail account. If you delete from one, it should delete from the other RIGHT AWAY one would think.

Verizon does not offer IMAP access, only POP3. About the best you can do is set it to delete from the server after you delete from your device, but that will not delete any copies you already have downloaded on any other devices.

Yes, Gmail does offer IMAP.

maryboberry

@mitchman22 wrote:

Did you get an answer?  I am trying to do the same thing.  the Verizon technical people say its apple's problem and apple says it should be an option under email settings to delete from server whatever device you are deleting from,  I don't see that option under email tho.  this is extremely frustrating.  I hope we get an answer

0 Likes
maryboberry

how do you set it up to delete from the server?

0 Likes
dquinn1234

Very easy to do from Iphone

Go To:

Settings

Mail

Accounts

Verizon

Advanced

Delete From Server

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep community discussion current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue, then please feel free to post a new message on the board that best matches the subject of your message. Thanks!

0 Likes