ralphie4281

I used to be able to use MS Word to type a letter then copy it from Word and paste it into Verizons e-mail, instead of making it an attachment. why can't I do that now?

0 Likes
Re: E-Mail
Justin46
Legend

@ralphie4281 wrote:

I used to be able to use MS Word to type a letter then copy it from Word and paste it into Verizons e-mail, instead of making it an attachment. why can't I do that now?

I just did it using Verizon webmail, no problem. I did a Select All on a Word document, then pasted it into a new email using right-click and Paste, then did it again using Ctl-V.

So what steps are you using that don't work?

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
ralphie4281

Thanks, I Highligheted the text I wanted. Then clicked Ctrl>c, Then opened the email and clicked Ctrl >v . Nothing happened?

Ralph Savarese

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@ralphie4281 wrote:

Thanks, I Highligheted the text I wanted. Then clicked Ctrl>c, Then opened the email and clicked Ctrl >v . Nothing happened?

Ralph Savarese

Don't know, ought to work. I Just did it again to verify Verizon hadn't done something recently to break it.

Only two quick thoughts:

1) If you do a right click in the email with the cursor where you want to paste, do you see Paste as an active option in the pulldown? If yes, it ought to work. If no, then the copy failed for some reason.

2) Are you sure the cursor was actually positioned in the text area of the new email before you did the Ctl-V? Sounds like a silly question I know, but every once in a while a copy and paste will fail for me and I finally realize the cursor is not where it should be.

Beyond the above, no thoughts. All I can say is that it works for me.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes