E-mail sorting options
Rocketmanx34
Enthusiast - Level 1

How come we lost the ability to sort Verizon (FIOS) e-mail via e-mail "size"?  That was helpful to identify storage hogs, and help facilitate mail-box clean-up when I get the "Mail box almost full" messages.

Any chance that could be re-instated?  Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: E-mail sorting options
Justin46
Legend

Mike is correct that you can sort by the various column headings, including Size. But for me at least, it takes very careful positioning of the cursor to get the sort option to work for Size (and also sometimes to sort by Date, I can't figure out what makes it work or not work). Maybe it is because I have the Size column so narrow or something. But with persistence it will work.

Keller, TX 76248

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Mike_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello Rocketmanx34,

if you are using Verizon webmail you can still sort by size.  It's the 4th column from the top left right after Date.  Click on the word Size to sort by ascending or again for descending.  This works in each folder.  The only option you can not sort with presently is Importance.

Thank you

Justin46
Legend

Mike is correct that you can sort by the various column headings, including Size. But for me at least, it takes very careful positioning of the cursor to get the sort option to work for Size (and also sometimes to sort by Date, I can't figure out what makes it work or not work). Maybe it is because I have the Size column so narrow or something. But with persistence it will work.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Rocketmanx34
Enthusiast - Level 1

As Justin suggests, the new flavor oe e-mail seems to require careful positioning to perform this.  I find if I just touch the top edge of the "Size" icon it works!  Thanks to Mike, and Justin!

blairm

How about someone opening a bug ticket on this.  It really DOESN'T work - you can click around all you want, but there is clearly a mouse-hit-test problem and the javascript thinks it is sizing the column and WON'T take a click event.  Only Subject and From have the correct behavior where the mouse icon changes from a pointer to a column sizer, all of the other "sortable" columns don't handle the mouse event correctly.

0 Likes
blairm

fyi...this is on IE 9 and windows 7.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry for the troubles with your email sorting. There is a way to get this working. Please go into your browsers "Tools" menu and click to turn on "compatibility view". It should allow you to sort after doing that. If you do not wish to enable compatibility view every time you want to sort,  Go into compatibility view settings and add the site www.verizon.com to the list. This will allow you to sort until the website coding gets addressed. Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

0 Likes
judysco
Enthusiast - Level 1

I, too, was having problems with this feature - tried all areas of Verizon support, including in Home Agent chat, with no luck.  Thank you, Anthony, for a straightforward, simple answer that worked!  My hero!