EMAIL Hacked
TJL_001

I have recieved almost 100 messages from either the "postmaster" or "MAILER-DAEMON""  Informing me that there was a problem delivring the message I sent 

"Unable to deliver message to the following address(es)."

Problem is, I didn't send the emails.  They are not in my online sent folder,.

The message content (allegedly sent by me)all look similiar to this

wuz he la
ku, duzu http://9eq6gjvwlkxl3.nightmail.ru
dud qykit.

HOW CAN I STOP IT????

It is flodding my inbox.

Thank you

0 Likes
Re: EMAIL Hacked
Skimbleshanks
Enthusiast - Level 1

First thing is change your pass word to your email. This will stop them from returning. Some one got on your email and started to spam tons of addresses. The return emails you are getting are from address that no longer exists. Change your password to keep the hacker off your email.

Hubrisnxs
Legend

You may also want to run some deep Scans.  When you get hacked, it's not inplausable that you also had your computer infected. 

I use malwarebytes and spybot,  super antisypware, and ccleaner for spyware and deep cleaning.

For virus protection I use mcafee.  

And you may also want to run a rootkit killer - I like kaspersky's root kit killer.

And yes I would take a full day or so to run ALL of them.  Do a full scan with your virus protector.  Full Scan with each of the malware finders.    IT will take a few hours or more depending on how fast or slow your PC is.  

lilhighway
Enthusiast - Level 3

this is called spoofing folks you can either block the postmaster domain or use filter to filter the domain

0 Likes
lilhighway
Enthusiast - Level 3

no kudo for me cries?why is that verizon seems to avoid using the filter option?i mean in every case of spam issues it just makes since to filter the ext ".in  .info providing the ext is not on your contact list.

0 Likes