Email Aliases and AOL Migration
WhyOhWhy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

In the past, verizon allowed customers to create email aliases.  When I went through the prompts to transfer my account to AOL, the website only gave me the option to choose one email address that I use most. However, I use both accounts equally.

What happens when someone tries to contact me at the email alias now that you forced me to transfer to AOL ?

0 Likes
Re: Email Aliases and AOL Migration
PeterPo1
Enthusiast - Level 2

The FAQ says they will migrate:

We will move aliases associated with your verizon.net email to AOL. You will be able to send and receive email to both your primary verizon.net email and any of its aliases. If you do use aliases, you will need to pick one email address to use to log into your email with AOL. But rest assured all email addresses will continue to work.

0 Likes
amcpa1

I transitioned my main Verizon email account.  How do I move sub accounts and maintain my verizon email address for that subaccount?

0 Likes
TaZaR

I successfully made the transition to aol mail, but I'm not sure how to use my email alias using third party email clients like MS Outlook 2016 and the iPhone Mail app.  Before the transition, I was able to configure third party email clients to use my alias as the user name, but aol mail does not allow me to do so.  I need a way to send emails from third party email clients using my alias.  Thank you in advanced for your help.

0 Likes
RonFVA

The aliases associated with my accounts did not transfer.

I am no longer able to receive email sent to any of my email aliases.  AOL's servers return messages saying that the email alias addresses do not exist.

0 Likes