Email Deletion
gslevi

I am experiencing issues with my email since they changed the setup to show only a certain number of messages per screen.  I am seeing emails getting deleted without my assistance and sometimes when I delete some emails they are not deleted.  Is anyone else experiencing the same issues?

Gary

0 Likes
Re: Email Deletion
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry to hear about the troubles you are having with your email. I have sent you a private message to get more information.

0 Likes
gslevi

I can't give you any more information than I already have.  And I don't believe that you are a person.  I think you are an automated reply.  I am finding this new version of email buggy.  I am losing messages that I haven't deleted and not having deletions work all the time.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Please check your Private Message Inbox.; It should look like this --

0 Likes
BillKill1

You are not the only one with this problem.  Verizon just deleted ONE YEAR worth of emails.  I just saw this yesterday and sent them a query and got the predictable response (as in NONE).  I honestly think they could care less.  When in my email, I click on a bunch of messages, hit the delete key and the screen refreshes and yet nothing happens or nothing appears to happen.  I have a feeling that we are actually deleting other messages in our mailbox because their web site is so buggy.  I have seen many email sites and this is number one but not in the category that would be admired.  It would probably be worthwhile to investigate other email services.  Verizon's is the worst I have ever seen.

0 Likes
Tribefan
I'm having this problem too. Had a very important email disappear on it's own. It just vanished from a folder it was saved in. I noticed other emails missing too. They're not even in trash- they're just gone. Anyone know how to fix this?
0 Likes
woodie1

Yesterday I set our computer to continue using outlook express.  Today all our emails have disappeared.  Everytime Verizon changes something we have some major problem,  Did anyone else recently set up their ourlook express account?

0 Likes
BillKill1

Sadly I don't think there is a way to retrieve your email.  Don't expect Verizon to help you at all.  They have not responded to my query either.  Their advice is to use Outlook to save your mail locally to your hard drive.  That's a fancy way of saying not to trust them to do their job of keeping your emails safe (am I mistaken or do we pay them for this service?) because they are basically incompetent.  I had advised a friend last week to use Fios because he was considering switching from Comcast.  I was with him last night and showed him my issue and the complete lack of measurable response from Verizon.  He decided to stick with Comcast after our discussion.  I also called Comcast last night and I will probably switch over to them.    I used them for years but their prices got too high so I went with Verizon.  Now the price structure is about the same but I think the customer service from Comcast is head and shoulders above Verizon.  You actually get  a real person on the phone without having to search 10 minutes through web sites or automated voice response units.  Verizon is just too big to care about the individual consumer.  They are focused on the business side.  They are good on the up-sell for consumers and their feet on the street are for the most part outstanding, but for issues like email or their own web sites not working properly, they are totally incompetent.  Nobody has any clue and they don't know who to ask about fixing it.  They are very good about apologizing, though.  I have heard lots of "I'm sorry" from Verizon but not much of "we will solve the problem". 

0 Likes
BillKill1

I got this gem from Verizon last night.  Note the spelling of "loose"  instead of lose.  Well, at least I know it was not an automated reply.  Even Verizon wouldn't be stupid enough to make this their canned reply.  Moving on to Comcast.    Anyone who takes my data as casually as Verizon does is no company I want to rely on for my personal business.  Imagine losing (or loosing) a year of data for a customer and then just shrugging your shoulders and saying "sorry" and expecting to just move on with no consequences.  What a wonderful business to be in that you can be so independent as to inflict major damage to your customers with absolutely no regard to them and expect most of them to just stay with you.  Here is the beauty:

Thank you for choosing Verizon. I have received your email dated 12/20/2011 regarding loosing your emails. My name is Patricia, and I will be happy to assist you.

I apologize that there is nothing the technical team can do to assist you with this issue.

I am sorry for the difficulties that you experienced and that your important information was not on a backup system so you wouldn't loose it. 

If you have additional questions, or if we may be of assistance to you in the future, please let us know. We look forward to serving you.

Thank you for using Verizon. We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

Patricia

0 Likes
Moxiefe

I have had trouble purposely deleting items and then finding items deleted inadvertently. I don't feel I can trust the service anymore. Has anyone had a productive response from Verizon? These are not user errors, they are happening due to the software.

0 Likes