Email Settings - Unable to connect - Bad support experience
jellypup

I just recently dropped my cox internet service and signed up for verizon fios.  I used to be able to use one of my email sub account to test my weblogic application to send email... settings is simple

smtp server name -  myemail@cox.net

smtp port - 25

user name - account1

password - password

Now that I have verizon, I have tried several combination and port numbers 25,465 , 995 ..smtp sever - email address, smtp.verizon.net, pop.verizon.net nothing works

I keep getting error that - unable to connect to host

I decided to call support and I told him the details of my issue and he said that it should work and I mentioned to him what my setup used to be with cox and the answer I got from him ... I recommend GOOGLE it for answer!!  he did not even try to help. below is the ticket number of the call...

Ticket Number:{edited for privacy}

HELP PLEASE!!

0 Likes
Re: Email Settings - Unable to connect - Bad support experience
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not familiar with a weblogic email client, (unless you mean the java application tool, which is a beast to configure).

the correct general settings are

pop   pop.verizon.net, port 995, ssl on, plain text (normal, clear) password, and password authenticatin required

smtp smtp.verizon.net, port 465, ssl on, plain text (normal, clear) password, and password authentication required

0 Likes