Email Sub acccounts
rotcoddam

Can anyone out there tell why the primary account holder cannot reset the password of the subaccounts? My wife forgot her password and her sub account locked. When she went through Verizon's 'lost password' routine, she ended up resetting the password on the primary account! While I was able to get the primary back to normal, no where could I find any method for resetting the sub account password from the primary.

I am a web developer for the company where I work and this is extremely poor practice on Verizon's part.

0 Likes
Re: Email Sub acccounts
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Yeah, Verizon changed the all of their posted links to the broken one. They know about the issue, but don't seem to care to do anything to fix it. Go here:

https://www.verizon.net/ssowebapp/alternateAuth/altChoice.jsp

That should allow you to reset the sub account by answering the Secret Question.

If that doesn't work or you don't know the secret answer for the sub account, you'll have to call Verizon Tech Support to reset it for you.

0 Likes
ajax0101
The link provided in the previous post does not let you change the sub account password - well it didn't for me.... This is something so simple that I can't understand why Verizon is incapable of doing it right.
0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@ajax010 wrote:
The link provided in the previous post does not let you change the sub account password - well it didn't for me.... This is something so simple that I can't understand why Verizon is incapable of doing it right.

I just tested it again, and it works. Select password for what you forgot, put in the username of the sub account you want to reset, then answer the sub account's secret question correctly.

Keep in mind that NONE of the "forgot password" links on Verizon sites point to this page. There is no way to get to this particular flow other than going directly to https://www.verizon.net/ssowebapp/alternateAuth/altChoice.jsp

0 Likes