Email blocked by Verizon
J_R_2

I run a mail server for a few related small businesses which only send personal and business related emails. There are no mailing lists or mass emailings.

Verizon customers are not receiving emails because they are bounced with a message like:

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<example@verizon.net>
  (reason: 571 Email from 104.236.109.48 is currently blocked by
Verizon Online's anti-spam system. The email s...Service Provider may
visit http://www.verizon.net/whitelist and request removal of the
block. 151106)

I made an ISP request to be removed from the blacklist and at least one customer has requested the mail server be allowed to send mail, but there has been no response yet and mails are still blocked.

Should I submit another request or will multiple requests cause a problem? Is there any way to get this issue taken up with Support more actively?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Email blocked by Verizon
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi J_R_,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes